Ⅰ.Ⅳ

→ "I have rage, and I will use it."

Dippy has her moments, where she makes you really really proud. There are only a few select people that can do that. But she's up there with Nissi, and Iris. I just can't believe it.

She said once she heard my mother say I was arriving, she took a child's bike and rode her way over. She managed to even climb up my window like she used to and not alert anyone. Except Iris. She just knows everything.

Anyways, before she did all this. Stealing a bike and climbing up my window. She told my mother to make me a lasagna. And to find everything that was needed to make said lasagna, will take at least an hour.

She brought me time.

"So, Anna Dillard. You've got to tell me what you've been up to!" As the room filled with her voice again, she made a small sneeze.

I dissmis the sneeze and tell her how I've been "It's been good. I've got a roommate, and I've got a few friends. But there is no Dippy, like Dippy." 

"Damn right!" She cheesily smiled at me before running over to the door, and pressing her ear up against it. "Shit."

"My mother?" I asked and she answered by nodding her head. She bolted right past me and to my window, opening it up and crawling halfway though. "Where are you going?!" I whisper at her, and she gives me a harsh face.

"I am not, repeat, not, staying for this family bombshell. You can tell me all about it tomorrow. Bye!" She said cheerily before stepping completely though the window and leaping from the roof.

Even Dippy doesn't want to deal with my mother.

Well, I had to deal with her. I can't just stay in my room like I used to. I'm somewhat a grown adult somewhat paying my rent. I think. 

I headed to the door and opened it. And a small booger child was standing in front of me. Kurt.

"I didn't know you were here yet! Anna!" He shouts at the top of his lungs and I lunge to cover his mouth before he alerts mom of my presence. He probably already did. Great.

"Nice to see you too squirt. And to think I brought you candy." I blackmailed him, but he already had this look on his face, it was like satisfaction or something, and I released my hold over his mouth.

"I checked your bag when you went to your room, thanks." He gleefully smiled as he pounced to his room, something I couldn't do.

I let out and exaggerated sigh, as I put the pedal to the medal and descended down the steps and into the kitchen. And sure enough Iris was there, complaining or something about shaving her legs wrong and how she was sure she saw bone.

I stayed in the doorway until she turned around and saw me with her own eyes. I put a smile on my face and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Anna as I live and breathe you get more beautiful everyday! Come here, give your mom a hug!" She motioned me over while taking out a whole package of cheese from her bag.

I abided by her law and came close enough to smell her favorite perfume, flower bomb. She only puts it on on very special occasions. I guess me coming home is one of those.

I should probably list somethings about my mother.

Claire Dillard'Dune • about 48• hates drama, when it's about her• tries to cook\feed her problems away• the most caring woman in the world• hosts annual potlocks on summer break• believed my father was cheating on her

So, now onto current events. Her perfume was stinking up my nose and this hug was way too long, time to pull away.

As I pulled away she looked at me, lovingly. Oh this trip back home was going to be torture. I knew it.

"So, Anna you all settled in? Oh! Did you see Dippy yet? I'm making your favorite dish!" She spluttered out at me and Iris, who was looking at her legs with a spoon. What was she looking for? I didn't teach her anything wrong.

"Not settled in yet, and I did see her, and I know she told me." I nodded accordingly and ushered my way next to Iris. At least I wasn't alone with her.

"Good, good. Oh, it's so good to have you back home! We can have girl time, and stuff," She dozed off as she started taking out the boxes of pasta for the lasagna. I was already having a hard time being here the first hour, how was I going to do this?

"What about kurt? He's not gonna want to do all that stuff..." I didn't finish the sentence because I knew what was coming. I knew it was coming I just wanted her to say it with her own mouth. 

"Well, Aidan can keep him company. He's still here after all." Iris nuzzled in and I turned to face her and push her out of her chair but she was already on her way out of the kitchen. 

"Yeah, they've been bonding real good lately." She says with ease, like it's not alarming at all.

"He's not here thought, right?" I ask quickly, if he was I was outta here! Aidan wasn't even like a person, he was a mid-life crisis item. He was around twenty years younger than my mother, and that's not even the part I'm upset about.

"Not yet, but I told him you were coming home and he should be here later on." She looked up at me from setting everything on the counter and getting ready to make the food for tonight.

"I'm gonna go and get settled and stuff, just tell me when dinners ready." I pushed myself off the seat and made my way quickly out of the kitchen.

I don't think I can handle my whole time here with Aidan and my mother sexing it up in their room. I can take Iris and Kurt, because I've grown up with them and I know them and they're definitely not gonna be sexing it up.

Oh god, I gotta stop saying that.