Ⅲ.Ⅴ

→"It's beginning to look a lot like I don't care."

"Anna, it's the last day of the pumpkin patch! Come on get up! Get dressed!" Pacer alerted me, waking me up from my sleep. I was deep in my dream, something about shopping for Nissi. I don't know. I haven't called her in a while, I'll give her a call today. Check on her.

I grunt lowly, tossing in the bed. I didn't want to go to the stupid patch, last night was bad enough. I didn't need Pacer to see me as an emotional mess. Even though he came in yesterday and saw me crying. 

But it was the patch after all. If I don't go, I'll just regret it later on. 

"Alright I'm coming." I said back, sitting up in the new bed and looking at my new surroundings. I almost forgot I was in Pacer's house. Almost.

I put my feet on the cold wooden floor and walked out of the room. I was still in what I wore last night, and maybe Pacer would like to return the favor of me feeding him when he was high by feeding me this morning.

I walked down the steps, not minding the creaks this time. Barbra Rhodes worked early shifts at a day care center or something, Pacer said. I looked around the hall and decided that the kitchen had to be in the back. I was right, and there Pacer was, making food.

He was- uh how do you - shirtless.

He wasn't going to make this any easier, was he?

I sat at the island, on a stool and watched him. He had a cute but- okay he was making eggs and toast. And he also had a smoothie maker out. Pacer Rhodes, a very sexy idiot.

"Me being shirtless is not an invitation for you to stare, pretty." He slyly said, the corners of his mouth turning upwards. He was such a-

"Do you have any clothes I can use? I can't go to the patch looking like I just rolled out of bed." I'd probably have to go back home and deal with whatever madness was leftover form last night. I really didn't want to, if I had to go to the patch in sweats I will.

"I actually, called Rosalie and asked if she could bring some spare for you. And she may have invited herself to the patch." He admitted, and he started giggling. Was this all he did? Giggle and make food shirtless?

I wasn't compl- I am complaining!

And it was as if Rosalie herself heard us talking about her, because the doorbell rang and the only person who would show up would be her. I told Pacer I got the door and went to go answer it. I saw her big blonde head through the glass of the door and opened it up. 

"So, you need spare clothes? What were you two doing? Hmm?!" She chuckled and tossed me the clothes as she just stepped inside as if it were her own house.

Rosalie went into the kitchen, eating my food no doubt. And I went to the bathroom to change. She brought over some nice blue jeans and a hunter green hoodie. And I though Rosalie lost all of her marble when she was hooking up with Jalapeño guy!

After I changed into the new clothes, and ate some of the food which Rose stop from my plate, Pacer got ready and the three of us went to the pumpkin patch. I didn't want to go to the pumpkin patch to begin with, but at least I'm going with people who care about me.

Anyways, we all went in his car to the patch. No kids were there, seeing as there was school. I remember there used to be a school trip to the pumpkin patch, but maybe that took place when the pumpkins were all bright and orange. Not old and soggy.

I don't know why we came here. All I do know is, Rosalie is trying to find a pumpkin that can still be taken. And Pacer was trying to cheer me up. We were sitting on an old hay stack, swapping sentences with each other about boring things. But he was trying to get me out of my mood.

How could he? I was in the place where I remember my father the most after one of the worst nights back home. 

"I shouldn't have brought you here, your just really going through something right now and I should have respected that." He pointed out. He was right, I should have just stayed home. But if I did, then maybe something else would have happened. Maybe i would have gotten the idea to just pack and go back to Brooklyn.

"You did, and you tried to do something really sweet. I- thank you. It's just, I have to go back to the house sometime. You can't be there for me every second." I told him, and he nodded his head. Pacer Rhodes, was something alright. I may have said that I didn't want to see him again, and that he was corny and that if we were in the same room it'd be too soon. But he wasn't as bad as I though he'd be.

"Anna, what if he comes back? Are you gonna be okay? Are you gonna go back home?" He asked, was he worried about that? If my dad came back- I don't know what I'd do. I'd be angry, and sad. Just like the day he left. I don't think he's coming back, not after all this time. 

"He's not coming back. He missed too much to just come back now. Thanks, for worrying about me Pacer but nothing that dramatic could happen to us. Not after what he did." I ventured, nothing could get worse than this. It wasn't like my life to throw me curve balls like this. I looked over to Pacer one final time, he had his hands in his coat and his feet were kicking at the strands of hay on the dark green grass. I leaned in and gave him a light peck on the cheek. He was shocked to say the least. "Thank you Pacer Rhodes."

I could see him getting red by the second, so I got up and went over to where Rosalie was. Giving him time to work off his blush. Now I know I said I wouldn't say it again, but Kurt was right. Maybe giving him a chance wasn't the worst thing, but what I needed.