SOF Chapter 28

"Morning." I grumble as I walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning. You seem like you've had fun last night." Patricia says grinning. "Coffee?"

I hold a cup, "Yes please."

I shrug, "Somewhere between three and four. You left at two." I say giving her a look.

"I miss Samuel. I mean you had Richard at least. Plus, I thought you guys would go home together. I'm surprised to see you here this morning, actually."

"I was a good girl last night and did not go home with him." I say and smile. Mainly because I still  need time to think. To decide.

"But you guys are okay, aren't you?"

I shrug, "Maybe he does?"

"He's inlove with you, Meng. And you were insanely jealous last night. I've never seen you like this. It's like he brings out the worst in you."

I shrug, "Maybe he does."

"Then you shouldn't be with him."

"But I can't be without him. I can't be without my heart."

She smiles softly at me before she places her hand above me, "I know how that feels, honey, but if he's no good for you then maybe..."

"I don't know. I don't know what to do. All I know is that my heart stops beating when he touches me. Every time he looks at me I blush. I've lost my freaking heart to that man. A man I barely know. And while my heart feels save with him, my mind is going crazy. Being with him is anything but...." I stop. I shouldn't talk to her about this. About him. Us. The contract.

She nodds, "Okay. I won't say listen to your heart, because he obviously owns your heart. I'll say listen to your inner voice instead, okay? I fit feels right, then it probably is right."

What if it feels right and wrong at the same time?
____________________________________________________________________________

The elevator doors open and step out of it. I hears soft piano music as I walk down the glass hallway of his penthouse. I lean against the wall as I watched him laying the piano. He's wearing a dark grey suite with a white Oxford shirt. Seems like he had been working the whole day. He looks a little tired. No, not tired. He looks worried. Afraid even.

Although he lets me read his emotions for once, he still perfect for me. Pure perfection.

I smile and feel my aching heart beating in my chest.

I walk over to him and he stops as he hears the echo from my heels on the marble floor.

"You're already here." he says, looking at me surprised.

"Yes." I say with a little smile on my lips.

He gets up from the music stool and walks up to me. "Dinner's already ready." he takes my hand and I feel my heart skipping a beat once more before he leads me to the dinning table.

"How are you?" I ask him as I get seated.

"Good."

"Yeah, me too." I lie into his eyes.

"You're a bad liar. Horrible. Actually."

"So are you." I say back before I start eating. Lasagna. "Did you cook?"

"Yes. I send Mrs. Santos home earlier. I didn't want anyone but me in this apartment."

"You're unsure what I've decided." I say my thoughts out loud, a little touched. Maybe, just maybe, I kind of have an effect on him as well- a little one, but yet an effect.

"Yes. But have you decided?"

I nodd, "I did. It wasn't easy. but I've made my decision."

"Let's have dinner first." he suggests pouring wine into my glass.

I nodd again, "Okay." I say and take a sip of my wine. "It's a good wine."

"Yes." he agrees with me.

Why is the atmosphere so cool out of the sudden? We eat in silence. Pure silence. The only noise comes from my fork touching the porcelain dish. I put the fork beside me and take another sip of my wine. My glass third glass already. I remember Dr. Luna's words: don't overdo it, Maine. I ignore them. This is an exception.

I look at him. He observes me closely. I get up and walk into the bathroom. He says nothing. I say nothing. The atmosphere is tensed.

I wash my hands and look at my reflection closely. God, why is this so hard?! Why does this have to be so hard? Why can't be easy like choosing an ice cream flavor. I always choose yoghurt. Sure, I've liked strawberry and vanilla once, but in the end I've always stick to yoghurt.

I take a deep breath as I walk out of the bathroom. I see Richard standing in front of one of the huge French window, he's staring at the Manhattan skyline in the night. He seems deep in his thoughts. I get out the contract from my purse before I carefully walk closer to him and stop as I stand behind him.

"What did you decide?" he asks me.

I'm surprised he noticed me. I hold up the contract. "See it yourself." I say to him.

He turn around and open the contract. He looks at it for a second before his eyes move up to me. Then he looks down the contract again.

"You sure?" he asks me.

I nodd.

"You signed."

alam ko sasabihin Nyo pabitin si author but don't
worry I will upload the second part tonight...

happy 1st of  the Ber month!!! and
Happy 59th Weeksary ADN!!!

vote...comment...share❤️thank you for reading and comments
to this story..really much inspired in updating..
again Thank you from the bottom of my heart❤️