SOF: Chapter 82

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My hair and make up is already done.I am wearing black lace underwear - an expensive bra with matching panties from Vera Wang. I can't believe that in a couple of months I will have a baby bump. A huge baby bump. I still don't believe that I am pregnant. I mean seeing the child via ultrasound and vomiting is one thing but...But it's not a visible sign- at least not for the other's.

Richard says that I already have this typical glow- the "pregnancy glow" as he calls it. That warm soft atmosphere which surrounds me. I don't know if I like that. I'd like to have an irresistible, sexy atmosphere around me.

I feel like I'm loosing my sexiness. But not in a horrible way. Richard still thinks I am sexy- the sex is still amazing. But something....Something has changed. It's the pregnancy. Our child.

I place my left hand on my stomach, as if I could have a better connection to our little horserace. The shining 14-carat diamond ring sparkles as soon as the sun shines on it. This huge ring which will make me his in a couple of months. I will be his forever. We will be his forever. We will be one family-married or not. A family who really has had it's ups and downs.

His warm soft hand on my left hand rips me out of my thoughts.

"Hey." his soft voice reaches my ears only seconds later. He is already dressed. Already wearing his usual black suit: a white oxford shirt, a black trouser, a black jacket and my favorite black Armani tie. In other words: he looks beyond sexy.

"Hi." I say with a soft smile on my lips as he laces his long fingers with my left hand. "Do we already have to go?" I asked him surprised. Have my day dreams kept me busy a whole lot longer than usually?

He shakes his head, "No, Take all the time you need. We can be a little late."

"Okay...." I whisper, leaning my body against his and inhaling his scent. Jasmine shower gel, my favorite.

Suddenly a tiny smile appears on his lips. A dreamy, so not Richard Faulkerson- but yet nowadays- like smile.

"What?" I ask him, returning his dreamy smile. Gosh, I can't believe that this is the man I'm going to marry soon! A 'good catch' would be an underestimation.

"You know, you were right....The heartbeat does sound like a horserace."

"A freaking nice horserace."

"A wonderful sound..." he whispers before he kisses me.

Flashback

I would have never expected him to be here. Richard Faulkerson at the clinic of a gynecologist. A year ago this would have been absolutely impossible. How much change can happen in just one year....

He's holding my hand as we're waiting for our turn in the waiting room. Richard Faulkerson and waiting -- a bad combination. He isn't used to be treated like 'any other'. He is used to get everything he wants- even me. But this time.... This time I asked him to just go with the flow. To not order a special treatment, although god and everyone else know how wealthy this child is already. How much power it already has.

"Next time, I won't wait with you." he whispers into my ear.

I smile, "Then I'll go alone."

"Don't you dare!"

"The other option is for you to wait with me."

"But Maine you know that I could just walk over to the--"

"I know and I don't want you to. Let this child at least enjoy some normality before it's born, okay?" I ask him, "I mean we both know that this child won't miss anything. I want normality. At least right now...We also know that the press will be after after us when they find out that we're engaged, let alone excepting a child. You can show all your power then. But until that moment I'm asking you to do it my way. A private way. The most private way."