Chapter-32

"You little." He slaps me in the face, "D-Dad, please I'm sorry!" He rips me by my hair, I screamed from the pain, he threw me to the ground, my head was on fire, and my face was throbbing from where he hit.

"NO!" He was holding a knife in his hand.

"IF YOU WOULD'VE JUST DID WHAT I ASKED THIS WOULDNT HAPPEN!"

---

"Casey, Casey wake up!"

I was hysterical crying, someone hugs me. I don't care who it was, I just grabbed a fistful of their shirt. Scared to let go, scared of getting cut again by that monster I once Called Dad.

"Shh, it's okay, nothing's going to hurt you you're safe." Damien said softly into my ear. "Is everything-" Damien's arm left one side of my back.

No he can't leave me here with him, I'm to scared, Ill get hurt and potentially die if he leaves me! I held on tighter pulling him into me more to make sure he was still there. His arm went back around me, "I'm so sorry." I cried.

"It's all my fault, I'm so sorry." But if he stays he'll get killed, what am I going to do I wouldn't be able to live with myself, I can't breathe, I can't breathe! I pushed Damien off of me, trying to send the message to leave.

What time is it? I look over at the cable box, 6:00am! I have to make breakfast! Holy shit he's gonna kill me! I collapse on the floor, I have to go to school and I don't feel like getting beat again. I gasp for air and the room starts spinning.

"Hey, hey, hey, come here." Damien's arms wrap around me I was in the hall way, this doesn't look like my house? I tried to get out of his grip, only to be pushed up against the wall.

"CASEY!" I blinked rapidly then stared into his eyes, no I have to make food for him or I wi- "Look at me!" Don't look, he'll hit you.

He cups my face in his hands and I flinch, "Look at me." He whispers and I look at him, he has concern written all over his face.

"It's all my fault,it's all my fault. ITS ALL MY FAULT!" I started pounding my fists on his chest, "I'm sorry that she died, I'm sorry that she got cancer, I'm sorry that I didn't go to the store that one time to get you beer, I'm sorry I didn't clean before you came home, I'm sorry I didn't make dinner last night, IM SO SORRY!"

Damien grabs my wrists and pulls me into him, he raps his arms around me. "I'm so sorry."

I close my eyes waiting for the beating after I talked back, but it never came. I didn't look up, I just stared at the picture of Damien's family. I want my family back, I want to sit around the table with a happy family, my family. Tears stream down my face my legs give out, Damien slows me down and we slide down so we're in a sitting position.

I look down at my ring, it's
Green, bright green. Guilt, I didn't do what I had to and I hate that I can't change it.