Chapter 40

"LUKE" I scream as I point to the window. He looks at me like I'm stupid.

"Its just a firework, Isis" He says as he holds me tight.

That made more sense. Strike 3 wouldn't happen on the same night as strike 2. I'm shaking while I look at MJ. She is sleeping peaceful, like there was nothing happening to her. How can someone threaten to hurt someone so small and fragile. My thumb strokes the side of her face as I let out a sigh of relief. She is still here and nothing will happen to her. I turn to face Luke as he stands there like he has seen a ghost or something.

"Luke, somehow they got in here and sent picture to me of her" I cried to him as he embraces me in his strong arms.

"No one will touch her, I promise" He vowed to me as I wipe the tears from my face.

"She is sleeping with us tongiht" I stated as I tighten the hug.

"I will get the travel cot from the cupboard and set it up" Luke says as he pulls away leaving a kiss on my forehead. It felt cold without near me. Its like he takes my warmth away from me. I need it back, actually want it back now.

I look at the balcony door seeing its open. I walk over quickly and I slam it shut as I lock it up to make sure no one or them can come in. I sigh as I think of everything that could have gone worse. The only thing that would break MJs heart is growing up without a mum. Yes, I said it without a mum. I'm leaving to save her and Luke but I'm not leaving until next year, I have the plan sorted but I need to get Johnny involve.

Tears roll down my cheek as I think about leaving MJ behind. Will Luke tell her about me? Will he tell her our stories? Will he tell her why I left? Will my family keep in touch with her? Will Luke move on and stop loving me?

All those questions, I can now answer. They would be yes. It hurts knowing Luke would move on with someone. I don't think I would be able to move on but I want Luke to move on with someone who likes children and would raise MJ as her own. MJ needs a female figure around her life.

"It's done, being Mary-Jane" Luke says from the other room.

I carry MJ slowly and carefully trying to not wake her up from her deep sleep. I walk in seeing Luke already in bed. I place MJ gently on the cot as I wrap her in her little white blanket.

As I lay next to Luke as I watch MJ to make sure no one will hurt her. I felt Luke's arm wrap across my waist as he pulls me close to him so my back hits his chest.

"Isis go to sleep" He whispers in my ear but I shook my head to say no because I'm keeping a watch on her.

"Have you ever thought about the wedding?" Luke asks me. I hate all these questions.

"No because with everything happening I had no time too" I laugh trying to make a joke out of it.

"Same, but when should we get married?" He questions me again. As I sit there thinking and thinking in my head about a day then it came to me.

"The day you propose to me" I smile to myself because it was a good idea and it was the best day of my life.

"Actually, I never thought of that" He moves my hair away from my neck as he kisses my neck. "Lets do it"

"Really?!" I ask in disbelief who thought I would be getting married. Everyone said that no guy would want me because I'm to violent.

"I want too, do you?"

I turn to face him as I kiss his soft lips. As our lips move in sync I feel his lips turn into a smile. We pull away at the same time as I look into his eyes.