Chapter 1

Its the beginning of the winter in England and my mum just finished packing my bags for Australia. This is gonna be my first time going abroad without my family but this a life time opportunity as i got a scholarship for this University to become a teacher. I'm so excited!!!

The Universty is in Melbourne and I've seen all the photos online it looks beautiful but the one thing I'm really worried about is making new friends. The best thing about this trip I have my own house to stay in so i don't have to stay in those old student houses and sometimes i don't like staying with strangers.

I look at my phone to see that its nearly time for me to leave for the airport. I give great big hugs to my 2 little brothers and little sister while they wait with my nan until my mum gets back from the airport. This car journey had to be the worst one i ever had because my mum is already in tears and we are only 10 minutes away from the airport its hard because i don't show my emotions i keep them hidden in so i can let them out later when I'm alone.

We finally arrived at the airport. I'm dragging my big suitcase shaking like crazy as I am always to scared to go to the counters but i've rehearsed over and over again on how to do it. "Isis do you have to go please can you go to uni here?" My mum plead with her eyes red from all the tears and all i could do is hug her.

"Mum is it only 2 years and i promise to come over in the summer" Thats when it hit me 2 years away from my family how can i cope with that but this is my dream.

"Right, Isis its time for you to go remember call me when you get the chance. Love you" 

"Love you too Mum" We hug for the final time before i left to check in.

I'm so proud of myself I got past the check out and rest of the stuff, all i have to do is be on a plane for 24 hours then i'm done, I can get to that house and sleep. I'm on the plane headphones in listening to all the R'n'B songs i have.

*24 hours past*

I woke up just in time to get off the plane. Everyone is walking so slow i hate it so much mainly because im really impatient type person but most of the time I am calm to just wait.

I reach to the exit of the plane. Damn its hot, the sun is buring my eyes and I can feel my skin is burning already why do have to be born with fair skin!!! I escape from the heat and I'm finally in the airport, already have my suitcases by my side waiting to see my taxi driver to take me to my new home.

10 minutes later and finally a see a sign reading "Miss Miller" I run over to the taxi driver who he looks scary but i guess i don't know him yet to judge.

"Hello, I'm Miss Miller your taking me too-"

"I know where your going! Would you like me to take your bags?" He said in a deep voice which made me jump but he seemed nice. I nod and he took one of my suitcases.