Chapter 24 God Got Us

Tiffany's POV.........

"Well you are indeed pregnant just under six weeks but there is a problem." He said.

"What do you mean?" I said instantly starting to panic.

"Well you are a high risk pregnancy." Dr. Montgomery said. "Your blood pressure is abnormally high and your blood count is abnormally low. It should be at a 12 but it's at a 7.4 which if you weren't expecting I wouldn't be worried about because I could prescribe you with some iron pills. What are your eating habits like?"

"Fucked up." Karter said.

I side eyed him and he just struggled his shoulder.

"Well I'm gonna give a list of things that you can eat and list of things that you can't." Dr. Montgomery said. "And best rest is a must. At least for the next six weeks."

I gasped.

"Six weeks?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am." He confirmed. As far as the anemia I don't want to prescribe any medicine just yet but my recommendations are 1 glass of red wine a week and beets everyday."

"Wine?" Karter asked.

"Beets?" I asked.

He nodded his head.

"That would be the best way to get your blood count back up." Dr. Montgomery said.

"But I have work and school." I protested.

"Not for the next six weeks you don't." Dr. Montgomery countered. "I give you a doctor's note for school and for work. I'll be right back."

With that said he walked out of the room leaving me and Karter alone.

"There is no way that I'm gonna miss that much school and work." I said out loud.

"Yes the hell you are." Karter said.

"Come on babe, six weeks from work and from school, that's a long time and I got rent to pay plus finals are coming up." I pleaded.

"I can pay yo rent." He said. "Ion see why you still there anyway."

"You know I don't--"

"It ain't just about you no more." Karter said cutting me off. "You pregnant man and if you didn't hear the doc correctly you can lose it. Why are you fighting me on this?"

Dr. Montgomery had knocked on the door and Karter invited him back inside.

"Ok here are your doctor's notes, Karter had my direct number if you have any questions, bed rest is the key Miss Tiffany. And I will see you two back here in six weeks." He said.

"Thanks doc." Karter said standing up and shaking the doctor's hand. "Thanks for fitting us in."

"Not problem yall have a nice day." Dr. Montgomery said as he walked out of the door for the final time.

I was still tryna process everything that was told to me. I'm pregnant and I'm in danger of losing my baby.

"Baby!" Karter semi yelled bringing me out of my daze.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Where was you just at right now?" He asked.

"I don't wanna lose my baby." I said as I began to tear up.

"Com'mre ma." He said pulling me close to him.

"I don't wanna lose her either." He said softly as he wiped the tears that had escaped my eyes. "I love both of yall so much already."

He placed his hand on my stomach causing me to smile.

"If you listen to what the doctor said then both of my girls will be just fine." He said.

"How you know I'm having a girl?" I asked.

"Cause I do." He said. "I'm the one that put her in there."

I shook my head and chuckled.

"Let's go cause my baby hungry." I said.

"Naw her greedy mama just hungry don't be blaming that on my daughter." He said with a laugh.

He grabbed my hand and we walked out of the doctor's office hand and hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my God I'm so full." I said as I rubbed my belly.

"I bet you are, shit you ate all of yo food plus half of mines and all of the damn bread sticks." Karter said chucking.

"That was the baby." I said with a shrug.

"What I tell you about blaming stuff on my kid." He said.

"I gotta pee." I said getting up.

"Mhm." I heard Karter say as I walked to the bathroom to relieve my bladder.

Karter was paying the bill when I got back to the table and I heard my phone go off indicating that I had a text message.

Big Brother: Let something happen to my niece and it's gone be some muthafuckin smoke in the city 👊👊

Me: Karter told you? 🙁😢

Big Brother: Yuup *trey songz voice* so take ya ass to bed.

Me: Love u too big brother 😚

Big Brother: Yeah yeah...love yo bean head ass too 😂😂

I laughed and closed my phone.

"I can't believe you told on me." I said to Karter.

He just shrugged his shoulder.

"You childish yo." I said to Karter causing him to chuckle.

"You know you staying with me right?" He said.

I sighed and nodded my head.

"I already figured that was gonna be our next stop, I ain't even gone fight it." I said.

"Check you out, not being a brat and shit." Karter said.

"I knew I wasn't gone win this one." I said. "And Kris said he gone beat me up if something happen to his niece."

"Oh so fuck me huh?" Karter said.

"I do, often, that's how I got pregnant." I said.

"Funny." He said. "Let's go so I can get up on them guts."

"You so nasty." I said.

"You love me tho." He said.

"I really do, so much." I said.

He pulled me to my feet and into a hug.

"I love you too ma." He said. "Both of yall."

"Well gone be okay." I said. "I believe that, and I'm gone do everything in my power to make sure that our baby is healthy."

"God got us." He said.

"God got us." I said.

"Okay let's gets you moved in so I can finally have some in house pussy." Karter said.

This boy.

I'm ehhh about this chapter and sorry it's so short I just wanted to give yall another update since I had the day off.

Let me know what yall think and vote vote vote!!!

Not edited...please excuse any errors!!!