Back to school

"Morning, Kenny. Time for school."

Kenny slowly opened his eyes. His mom had waken him up, for school. He was tired, he had gotten used to sleeping as long as he wanted. He didn't want to go yet, but he knew he would be able. Of course he could've just said he was feeling really suicidal or something, but his mom could tell his therapist or someone else.

"Morning..." Kenny just ended up saying, accepting the fact he was returning to school.

"I'll go make breakfast. Remember your meds." his mom said.

Kenny took the bottle of pills in his hands. Did he want to take them? No. Should he take them? Yes. Did Craig want him to take them? Yes. Kenny ended up taking only half of his dose. He could take some extra later. Or just keep taking halves. Kenny went to the kitchen and ate his cereal. Then he got dressed and brushed his teeth. He was pretty much ready for school.

He walked to the bus stop, where Kyle, Stan and Cartman were already standing.

"You're coming back already?" Kyle asked.

"Yeah. I stayed home yesterday, but I guess I'm ready." Kenny said.

"That's good. Are you feeling any better?" Stan asked.

"I think so." Kenny said.

Just then the bus arrived. The boys got in and Ms. Crabtree, the bus driver, drove off. Craig was sitting next to Tweek, Stan next to Kyle and Cartman next to Clyde. Kenny decided to sit on the seat behind all of them. From the next stop got in Butters, who sat next to Kenny.

"Hey, Kenny. Long time no see, where have you been?" Butters asked.

Kenny wasn't sure should he tell the truth. He knew Butters would've gotten too upset, that's why he told the other boys to make sure he or the others wouldn't get to know. But Butters had always been so kind to Kenny. He would deserve to know. Maybe he would take it well, maybe he would understand.

"I-in the hospital." Kenny said.

Butters looked worried.

"Why?" he asked.

"I... Well, I've been having a hard time, alright. I kind of... well..." Kenny stuttered. He didn't want to make Butters too upset.

"You didn't... right? You didn't?" Butters was already trying really hard not to shed a tear.

"I... I did." Kenny said and looked away quickly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Butters asked.

"I'm sorry, Butters. I didn't want you to be too upset." Kenny said.

Butters leaned towards Kenny to hug him.

"I'm always here for you, fella." he whispered in Kenny's ear.

Soon they arrived to school. Kenny joined Kyle, Stan and Cartman again and walked to class with them.

No one really seemed to care why Kenny had been away.

"Okay, children. Let's start the day with some math problems... Kenny, you have been away for a while. Craig, teach Kenny what we have gone through while he was away." Mr Garrison said.

After math class was recess. English, art, music, lunch. After lunch would be two hours of P.E.

After lunch Kenny went to change to his gym uniform with Craig and all the other boys. He opened the zipper of his hoodie, but didn't want to take it off. He never took it off. At the beginning of the year he had a long talk with the teacher, which then ended up with him being allowed to wear his hoodie. No one knew why, they just assumed he was cold. But of course it was really about his cuts. Craig noticed him holding onto the zipper, trying to decide whether he should keep the hoodie on or not.

"What's wrong, Kenny?" Craig asked, even though he already knew.

"I... I don't want them to see. My arms weren't bleeding and I forgot all about this, so I didn't put the bandages on..." Kenny said.

He was really scared of others seeing his scars.

"Just put the shirt over your hoodie. You always do it." Craig said.

That's what Kenny did. He thought it'd go well, but the teacher obviously noticed.

"Kenny, what are you doing?" the teacher asked.

"I'm.. keeping my hoodie on." Kenny said nervously.

"And why would you need to do so?"

Kenny was about to cry. He held the tears back and looked at the teacher.

"I always keep my hoodie on. Why the fuck do you want me to take it off this time?" Kenny said.

Fortunately the teacher got sick of arguing and Kenny got to keep his hoodie on. He didn't even get in trouble for swearing at a teacher.

After school Kenny went home. He was proud of himself, he made it through the day. He went into his room. The bottle of pills was still on the bed, where Kenny had left it. In the morning, he only took half of his dose. He thought he'd take some extra, but... now he didn't feel like taking anything. He could take extra pills the next day. Yeah. That's what Kenny decided to do.