Group therapy

Later that day was group therapy. Apparently pretty much everyone had to attend, you couldn't drop out until you were given permission. And that permission wouldn't be given if you weren't almost fully recovered. So the only thing Kenny could do was to step inside the room.

There were a bunch of chairs in a circle. Some of the people were there already. Kenny hesitantly took a seat.

Soon almost every seat was taken and the session could begin. Kenny looked around and could see Damien sitting five seats away from him. The first thing they had to do was to tell how they were feeling. When it was Kenny's turn, he just quickly said "good" as it was something he'd say everytime someone asked about his feelings. What else could he have said, "anxious and kinda self-destructive" wasn't an option for him.

It turned out that group therapy wasn't so bad after all. Just like regular therapy.. but less attention on Kenny. He liked it. Less talking, he could let the others do it. Pretty much just sitting in a circle and talking about things.

It was apparently supposed to get people to know each other, too. Kenny didn't remember anyone's name or anything, but at least he knew some of their disorders and reasons why they were there. Not the most important part, but it was something. Different eating disorders, some schizophrenics, even a few depressed and suicidal people like him. He also noticed other antisocial butterfiles avoiding speaking and attention. After the therapy session he went to his room, enough being around people for the day.