Future

Second week of the psych ward life was ending. Time for another conversation. No, not therapy, thank god. Just talking about his future treatment with the doctor, apparently his parents were coming too. Kenny could keep insisting that he wants to go home, as always. But this time he didn't feel like desperately begging for a permission to leave.

Kenny sat in the room with the doctor as his parents walked in. That's when they could begin.

"So, you've been here for nearly two weeks now. How does it feel?" the doctor asked.

"Uhh.. It's not as bad as I thought." Kenny said.

"We didn't talk about how long this should last, but I suppose you won't mind staying here for a while."

"N-no. I mean.. I can stay."

Even his parents felt better when they didn't have to hear their son begging to get home and prevent him from getting there. Kenny was pretty surprised too, he couldn't believe this was the place he used to fear for his life. Maybe it was just those psych ward stereotypes, place full of padded cells, straitjackets and maniacs.

"So.. Carol and Stuart. How do you feel about all this, any requests or something?" the doctor asked.

"I guess we're okay with anything that makes him feel better." Stuart, Kenny's dad, said.

"Anything that helps with recovery." Carol agreed.

Soon it was over, Kenny's parents left and Kenny went back to the ward. As soon as he ran into a nurse, he went up to them and asked the thing that had been in his mind ever since he got there.

"Uhh.. can I have visitors yet?"

He hadn't seen them for almost two weeks, texting didn't really do. He wanted to tell them that it was alright, that it wasn't so bad that he thought when crying about it in the hospital.

"I think you can, at least one at a time."

Kenny went to his room, to text Craig and ask about his free time.

Shit, I've been inactive. I've just ran out of ideas for this story.. I swear I'll try to update more often from now on!