Long time no see

Kenny sat in the visiting room nervously. They got it arranged, Craig was allowed to come for a visit. Kenny was excited.. and anxious. He hadn't seen Craig since the hospital. But he knew there shouldn't be anything to be worried about, it's not like he relapsed or anything. He was doing okay. And that wasn't a problem either, Craig had already learned to keep his hopes of recovery low enough.

"Kenny."

He looks up to see Craig.

"Oh. H-hey." Kenny says.

"How's it been?"

"Not as bad as I thought.. I mean, fine. Just fine."

"That's good."

"So.. how are things with you or the others?" Kenny asks.

"Pretty good, I mean, we do miss you a lot. Still haven't gotten used to not having you at school."

"Oh, you still haven't? You still haven't gotten used to the fact that every once in a while I decide to go visit the hospital?" Kenny chuckled.

Kenny was usually pretty open about that stuff with Damien, since they both had gone through some similar mental health issues. He didn't know that Craig was still sensitive about all those suicide attempts and such.

"..anyway. I made a friend here." Kenny changed the subject.

"Really?" Craig asked, in a lighter mood now that something good had happened too.

"I mean, I tried to just hide from everyone behind the couch but this guy just came right up to me." Kenny explained, "you didn't expect me to make the first move, did you?"

"Honestly.. I didn't." Craig laughed.

They talked about everything they could.. and half an hour later ended the visit with a hug.

"Will you come again?" Kenny asked, his voice muffled by Craig's shoulder.

"Of course." he promised.

Then Craig left and Kenny had to return to his room.