21. Relapse

Fast forward some time. Kenny was doing well.. way too well. He couldn't remember when he last felt like this. Actually pretty happy, no temptation to self-harm. But his negative thoughts kicked in and he got worried. He knew a downhill had to be coming for sure.. but when?

Everything was good. But it made Kenny stressed and anxious. He wasn't used to being happy.. should he be? Did he deserve happiness? He felt like his head was about to explode from all the emotions.. and that's when he remembered what helped.

Kenny went through his dresser drawer. Did he give ALL the knives and blades away? Nope, he did have a spare knife after all.. and finding it was a big mistake. After taking it in his hand Kenny soon lost control of himself.

Just one little cut.. well, maybe two, no one will notice.

Or maybe fifteen. Kenny stared at his bloody arm filled with fresh wounds. That definetly wasn't what he was going for. He ran into the bathroom, washed his arm and tied it with a bandage.

"Oh god.. what have I done? They'll notice for sure.." he muttered to himself.

Kenny had to come up with a plan. The next day at school his friends would notice the bandage and ask questions.. or ask to see it. He decided to wait overnight. Both of his parents had a morning shift so they wouldn't be home. Kenny could see if the wounds had healed, and if they hadn't, he would stay home and do something about it.