Chapter 9-Link AND Zelda's POV

Link's POV
There was a knock on the door.
I groaned and eyed the clock. 5:32 am? Who would be knocking on my door at this time?
I rubbed my eyes and trudged across the room.
Whoever knocked on the door knocked yet again.
"Link, hurry up," a voice whined.
I rolled my eyes and huffed. Great, it's Marth.
I opened the door. "What do you want?" I yawned.
"First, let me come in."
How is this guy so energetic in the morning?
I let him in, then closed the door and crashed into my bed.
I already felt my eyes closing and sleep coming upon me when Marth slapped my face.
"Get up!" He hissed. "This is important!"
"What could be more important than sleep?" I murmured, hugging my blanket.
"Zelda, you idiot!"
I shot up, fully awake. "What about her?"
"You make your move today."
I rubbed the back of my neck. "I do?"
"Yeah, genius."
"No."
"Why not?"
"I--well--because--what kind of move?"
Marth rolled his eyes. "Are we really going over this again?"
I responded with a blank stare.
"You kiss her."
I caught my breath. "What?!"
"Kiss. Her."
"Wait, but-"
"Kiss! Lip-lock, smooch, whatever name you want to-"
"You can't be serious!" I exclaimed, face heating up.
"Link, was there ever a time I wasn't serious?"
Well, he's got a point there...
"I'm telling you, buddy," he said, placing an arm on my shoulder. "Just get it over with."
"But a kiss won't get Zelda to like me again."
Goddesses, I feel so hopeless. Zelda hates me. She is always going to hate me.
She was all I ever had and now she hates me!
"You got it wrong, Link. We aren't trying to get her to like you again. We're just trying to get her to forgive you."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
Then, he said genuinely, "Zelda loves you. She's always loved you."

Zelda's POV
I dressed up pretty today.
Well, Peach made me.
I sighed as she pulled out some eyeliner.
"Whoa there!" I exclaimed. "I agreed to the clothes and hair, not make up!"
"Princesses need eyeliner, Zelda. And in case of...yeah, wear some lip gloss."
I raised a brow. "And 'yeah' is supposed to mean...?"
"Oh, nothing."
She carefully applied it to my face. "There, Zellie. Nobody will notice!"
I winced as she called me by my nickname. The one that Link gave me.
I miss him.
What am I thinking? If he thinks I'm dense then so be it. I will not miss him at all! Why should I miss a person who has the nerve to insult a princess--of HYRULE, on top of that? Why?
I looked at myself in the mirror. The makeup Peach did on me was so subtle that I agreed with her--nobody would notice. But still, it enhanced my features, made me look better.
"There you go, sweetheart," Peach said, putting the products away. "Link will swoon over you."
I was taken aback. She said that wasn't the reason she was dressing me up though...
"And realize how bad it was to mess with you!" she added with a laugh.
Well... Whatever.
I look up to Peach Toadstool. Weird, I know. But I do. Look how she is! She was basically cheated on just yesterday, and now she's helping me get ready as if nothing had happened.
She is a lot stronger than she looks.
I admire her for that.
"Okay, Princess Zelda. Are you ready to roll?"

Link's POV
"Alright, I coordinated it with Princess Toadstool, so you should be-"
"You talked to Peach about this? Why Peach? You could have asked Samus or--or one of the new girls--"
"She is her roommate, Link. Common sense."
"Peach has a relatively big mouth, Marth." Then, in an immitation of his voice, I added, "Common sense."
He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."
***
After all the regular getting ready like a man things, I was ready to head out the door.
"Hey, hey, hey. Where do you think you're going?"
"Well, I was thinking of--"
"Whatever it is, fix your hair first."
I scrunched up my nose. What fixing is there to do?
As if he's read my thoughts, Marth said, "Comb it, stupid."
"I'm sorry if my hair doesn't seem as nicely groomed as yours, but I intend to keep it that way."
"So you're going to go out with that bed-head of yours?"
I shrugged. "Basically."
Marth gave me a disapproving face-palm.
I shrugged yet again. "Hey, if it ain't messy, it ain't me."
He crossed his arms. Then, in a high pitched and crazily inaccurate mimmick-y voice, he relied, "If it ain't civilized, it ain't hot."
"W-wait, hot?!"
"At least untangle it."
I sighed. "Fine."
***
After I fixed my hair (which totally didn't need fixing), Marth explained what I was apparently supposed to do.
"This is a technique that I like to call 'Baek Sung Jo Style'."
"The what?"
"Oh, you ignorant people. I pity you.. No K-Drama in your life..."
"Get to the point, Marth."
"Okay, randomly pin her again a wall-- preferably in a random dark alley --and then say some hot stuff and kiss her."
"Dark alley? Where? And--and who said I was going to kiss her--"
"Do you love her?"
"I mean, yeah, but--"
"This? Again? I thought it was pretty clear."
I ran my fingers through my hair nervously. "But what if I can't? It just isn't me. I don't just kiss people out of nowhere--"
"Love is something that takes you out of your comfort zone."
I hung my head low. "I know, but..."
"Please, Link. Do it. Be a man and do it."
I took a deep breath. "Okay. I'll do it."
"That's the spirit, friend!" He winked at me. "You got this."

Zelda's POV
The school day ended a couple hours ago, and yet here I am, still roaming the halls, instead of heading to my dorm.
I don't know why, but I really felt like I should still be here.
I eyed my watch. Oh. It's really getting late now. The sun is setting in the distance. I walked through the empty school building.
Wait! My math notebook.
I have a test tomorrow. How could I forget and just leave it here?
I ran back to my locker. Right before I was going to put in my combo, I heard my name.
"Zelda?"
I shivered. Link. I haven't talked to Link in days, weeks, but it's happening right now.
I put on my toughest expression and turned around.
"Link. What do you want?"
He took a step forward. "I want to talk to you."
I felt my heart beating fast. What...what is this?
"What about?" I said firmly.
"About what I did to you." He advanced towards me, and I took a step back, my back pressing against my locker.
"W-well, just tell me. Y-you don't have to get so c-close and personal." My voice trembled. I'm not scared, though.
I'm nervous.
He's so close, so freaking close that I could feel his breath.
I looked at his wide, genuine eyes.
How come we've come this close as friends, but now--right now--it feels as if my heart is going to jump out of my throat? Is this normal?
What is going on?
"Zelda...I'm sorry..." he murmured in this gosh-darn hot way--
Wait...Link? Hot? I..I never thought like that before...
"Y-yeah, whatever..." I replied. "Could you p-please just...back...off.." My voice faded when he began to look at my lips and back at my eyes.
And when I couldn't help but look at his lips...
He leaned in just a little closer. "I'm really, really sorry..."
And then...he kissed me.
I know, right? CRAZY!
But there you have it...my first kiss just like that.
His fingers ran through my hair and I resisted the urge to wrap my arms around his shoulders.
Since when did I have urges like that?
My heart was pounding against my ribs and I felt my face flush. This is Link, Link, my ex-best friend.
Why do I feel like this?
Is this what he meant by dense?
I couldn't tell that I...
No, no, Zelda. Don't just jump to conclusions!
He let go and stared into my eyes. "I'm sorry for that, too." And he left.
The second he was out of my line of sight, I rushed back to my dorm room.
After what happened, I don't think my math notebook matters.

***
A/N: Well...how was it? Lol, I'm sorry I can't write kisses...so awkward! YAYAyAYAYAYAAYAYAY they kissed it can only go up from here!
Or can it?
Anyone who knows Baek Sung Jo? From Playful Kiss? No? Or do you know his Japanese form from Itazura Na Kiss, Irie? No? Still? Oh, ok. Well, this is a random gif. Yeah. I know they're weird but the shows were so darn funny and unrealistic 😂

Lol okay! Hope you all enjoyed this rather confusing chapter! Thanks for all the support, and most of all, THANKS FOR READING! Goodbye!