Chapter 15- Rosalina's POV

"I killed them."

My eyes widened and my breath hitched. I wasn't expecting this. I wasn't expecting this at all! I was thinking something along the lines of "car accident", maybe even "murder". 

Yes, this fit into the murder line...but I didn't think he would be the one who committed it.

"You...you murdered them?"

"I told you..." he said, "that you'd hate me."

I've been with a murderer for the past few days. I've befriended a murderer. I let him take me out to dinners and movies. I let him manipulate me into almost thinking he was a good guy...

Peach was right.

I stood up, tears welling up in my eyes. What's going on, Rosalina? Since when did you cry? And on top of that, over a boy?! You are a calm, collected princess...!

"I knew it." He looked down. "I knew you would be scared of me."

"I'm not scared of you," I snapped. No, I was. I was scared that I couldn't change the way I've learned to respect him, like him. He killed a family. He killed his own family.

"It's not what you think," he started. "I-"

"No, I got it," I interrupted. "Please...please don't talk to me."

I hurried back to my room and slammed the door behind me.

*** 

Day four: Tuesday

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of chocolate. I opened my eyes and looked at the bedside table. "Brownies...?" I thought out loud. Then, all the memories from yesterday came pouring back.

I looked at the door to the room I was in. It was wide open, and Bowser was standing there. 

"How'd you get in?" I asked boldly. 

"It's my home," he answered. "I have the key to this room."

"And you opened it because you are a stalker." I snapped. 

"I opened it so I could give you those," he answered, referring to the brownies. "And anyway, you haven't eaten anything since the day before yesterday."

I bit my lip. He's right, I am hungry. But I refuse to eat from his kitchen.

"It's Tuesday," I stated. "I need to get back to school."

"You're not leaving."

"I am leaving, Bowser." I said his name with disgust. 

"You don't understand-"

"I understand pretty well!" I raised my voice. "You don't understand, Bowser, that I trusted you and you...you...you're a murderer!"

"It was an accident!" His hands were trembling.

"You don't kill your family on accident."

"When I was four, I set the house on fire," he said quietly. "And I barely managed to make it out. My sister died trying to save me," he looked down, "and my parents died searching for her."

So it was...an accident?

"You're not lying, right?"

"Why would I lie, Rosalina?"

"You seem like the type that would."

"Well, I'm not."

"You learn a new thing every day."

"Yeah." 

Then, he left.

*** 

Day five: Wednesday

I didn't talk to Bowser after that. I wasn't sure if I should believe him or not...and it was driving me crazy. Would he lie to me? About something like that? Maybe he killed them in another way. Or maybe he has a trauma that tells him he was the reason he lost them. 

School started up again today. But I was trapped here. I tried leaving, trust me, but Bowser simply looked at me and I went back inside the safety of my room...which wasn't even my room. 

What if, I thought, what if he was telling the truth? What if I'm being delusional? 

Would the school send someone for me? Or would I be trapped here forever?

The doorbell rang. I sat on the bed, not leaving the room. I can't look at Bowser's face. Not after he told me that. 

I heard the door open, and then footsteps towards my room. I caught my breath. He's coming here. Bowser's coming here.

My room's door opened. Bowser stood there, just as I thought he would. "The school sent someone for you."

I internally sighed in relief. Finally!

I walked right past Bowser, not looking at him. He grabbed my wrist. "What, no goodbye hug?"

I sighed. "Fine." I gave him a quick squeeze. I still didn't look him in the eye. I felt guilty for calling him a murderer for a mistake he made when he was too young to understand anything.

"Ah," he sighed. "Now it's my turn, right?"

And then he planted a short peck on my lips.

My eyes darted to his. My face was heating up crazily. My heart was thumping fast in my chest.

"Um..." he rubbed the back of his neck, "was that...too much?"

I slapped his shoulder and walked out. Luigi and Daisy were waiting at the door. 

"Hey," Daisy greeted awkwardly. I stepped out and stomped ahead. 

"Are you alright?" Luigi asked. "Your face is very red..."

"Yeah," Daisy agreed, "You should get rest back at the dorms...I'm not sure if a super red face is healthy or not..."

I looked at the ground. 

This entire break wasn't supposed to happen. I was supposed to be studying for my history test with my new friends, not messing around with a bully.

But still...he's not so bad...

Is he? 

A/N: Yup...that's it. Now that this is aside, other drama will take place. Alrighty, then. Hope you enjoyed. Bye!