Chapter 13- Peach's POV

I gritted my teeth. Come on, Peach. You know this one! The answer to the history question never came. 

Ugh! And I crammed like crazy last night...

Daisy already set off on her adventure to find Rosalina. Both she and Bowser were missing. Yet Daisy still insists it wasn't that stalker who kidnapped my friend. I'm just connecting the dots here: IT'S TOTALLY HIM! AND ROSALINA IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE!

I grinded my pencil against my paper, hard enough that it broke. I raised my hand. "May I sharpen my pencil?"

My teacher nodded and everyone stared awkwardly as I put my pencil in the sharpener. 

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Everyone watched as the sharpener made really loud noises in the silent room. I stood there for a minute, checking my pencil constantly. Why is it taking so long to sharpen the darn thing?!

After I was done, I smiled awkwardly and sat down in my seat. "Bring a spare pencil next time, Princess."

I nodded. Awkwardly.

Since when did I get so awkward?

Since I lost Mario, that's when. Pauline took my place, and everyone knows. All eyes are on me and my old relationship. All eyes are on Pauline. 

Peach dumped the poor guy, I've heard.

She's so rude, I've heard.

Excuse of a princess.

Awfully useless.

Waste of space.

I've heard lots of things, and all it does is pile up. Not to mention how bad my grades are right now. My life is a total mess.

But nobody seems to notice.

Nobody but Mario, at least.

Yes, I have friends. In fact, I have friends all around school. Everyone knows me. And I have really close friends like Zelda. But they didn't understand. 

Four years ago, when I told Zelda about it, she didn't get it at all. "Just ignore it," she told me. The topic never came up between us again.

I tried talking to Samus once. "If anyone has the nerve to say those things about you, then just smack 'em hard on the head," she said. But I'm not bold like that. So the topic never came up again.

I told a few others. Rumors spread. 

I had no idea what to do. So I went to Marth. 

I know, I know. I could've gone to a counselor or something. But I went to Marth. It was a dumb decision...but at the same time, the best decision I made in my life. 

"I haven't been in that position before," he told me honestly, "so I wouldn't know what to do. But I think I know someone who can."

"Who?" I asked.

"I was thinking...maybe you could talk to Mario."

Yes, Mario saved me from Bowser when I got kidnapped. But we never really knew each other. It was a raffle that time, too. I just baked a cake for him and got over it.

But I decided to give it a try. 

Turns out Mario went through the same thing. After he saved me and got a ton of awards, and that cake from me, people started bad-mouthing him. He didn't even do that much. or I could've done better. He even got a he doesn't deserve to be here comment. All he had was his brother.

All I had was him. 

As we spent more and more time together, I realized how I felt. Then we became a couple.

Pauline found out. She was my enemy in elementary school, and I was so glad she was gone. Though she wasn't in our school, she tried breaking me and Mario up. 

It didn't work. 

And now, four years later, she's back to tear my life apart. What did I do to deserve this?

"Time's up," the teacher said. He got up and snatched everyone's papers. When he came to me, he scanned my paper. "You only answered three questions, Princess."

I blushed as everyone's eyes were on me again.

"I-I'm sorry," I squeaked. 

"Work more effieciently next time," he said with a sigh, moving on. He didn't offer me a retake or anything. He just went on, because my grades were so bad that they couldn't possible get worse. The teachers didn't even care anymore. Every year was the same: my dad bribing the school board with money to get my average to a C- so that I could pass. It's been like that since middle school.

I walked out into the hall after class ended. I had study hall next.

"Peach?" 

I spun around. "Palutena?" I grimaced. "I mean, Ms. Palutena...?"

"You don't have to call me a miss," she laughed. "We're friends, right?" 

I gave a fake smile. "Right." Before you graduated.

"You don't mind if we have a chat, right?" She grinned. "As a teacher, though. I'll write you a note."

"Oh. Okay." I wasn't looking forward to this "chat" at all.

We settled down in her room. It was empty. 

"Peach. I'm worried as both your friend and your teacher." She sighed. "Your grades don't look too good."

"Mhm."

Her eyes widened. "So you're just going to accept it?"

I shrugged. "My dad always gets it to a C at the end of the year. I'll be fine."

"Peach, I..." Palutena ran her hands through her hair. "I can't believe this."

"If that was it, I'll be leaving now," I said, gathering my stuff and  standing up. I was already at the door when she spoke up again.

"Is this because of what happened with Mario?"

Without looking back, I answered, "That...is none of your business." And then I strode out, not being as graceful as before. The way I was walking, acting...it was kind of like Daisy. 

Maybe Daisy would know what to do.

Well, even if she did, it was too late to contact her. I had no other choice but to wait for her to come back and get some advice on how to get Mario back without getting my hands dirty.

Or I could start now and get into a mess.

I gave my note to my teacher and sat in my seat. I looked at Rosalina's empty spot.

How long will it be until Daisy's back? 

Too long.

I think I'm going with the second choice.

Pauline is leaving this school, and I'm not going to play nice for her this time.

A/N: Yes, this chapter was kind of a filler, but I mean, now you know why Peach loves Mario so much! And why she's kinda bratty sometimes. Ayyyyy my girl Peach is being strong as heck! I'm cheering her on!

Oh wait I'm writing this

YOUR FATE DEPENDS ON ME PEACH

Okay, then. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and BYE!