Chapter 30 - (Female) Inkling's POV

Today is my first day at this high school. I don't really know what I'm nervous about. I mean, I didn't even apply to come here, but they invited me anyway. On a scholarship.

I clutched my books to my chest and speed-walked across the hall, looking for my classroom. Too nervous to ask for help. There are so many people here. Am I the only one without bones?

"Oh, hello there!" I jolted as a hand brushed my shoulder. On instinct, I grabbed my gun and pointed it at their head.

"Wh-who are you?" I stammered, eyeing the blue-haired-girly-looking-guy.

"I'm Marth. Current senior? I haven't seen you around and I heard about incoming fighters, so..." He smiled awkwardly.

There was a silence.

"Right," he said with a smile. "What I mean is, you look lost."

I slipped the gun away. "How do you know?"

He pulled out a pair of glasses and grinned even wider. "I have my ways."

I squinted. "Uh, okay. I-I was just looking for room 404."

This 'Marth' boy nodded. "Right this way, my lady."

"Dude, you're creeping her out." This tall blonde girl walked up to us, shaking her head. She shoved him away. "Sorry about that. The name's Samus. Nice to meet you!" She stretched out her hand and smiled.

I reluctantly shook her hand. "Y-you too. I'm...um, I'm looking for room 404. D-do you know where that is?"

"I do, actually," she started.

"Uhm," Marth chimed in again, "I do too, which is what I was trying to say--"

"You've got midterms to study for," Samus sighed.

"You're right. I can't believe I forgot! Plus, I got my history notes, my two math projects, my science lab, my six tests--"

"Okay, you can go, Overachiever," Samus said, waving him off dismissively as he walked off. She turned back to me. "He's just a nerd, if that explains anything."

I looked away. "Uh, yeah." I followed Samus to my room and took a seat, watching as everyone settled with their already-friends.

This was going to be a very long day. 

*** 

I scanned the room, looking for someone to potentially sit with. Ugh, I already hate science. And on top of that, I have no one to sit with.

I saw a pink ball creature in the back of the room wave in my direction. I turned around, because there's got to be someone behind me it's waving at, right? Why would the thing wave at me? It has no idea who I am.

But I looked behind me and no one was there. So I cautiously approached it. Gosh. It looks like a mochi ice cream.

"Hey!" The guy said with a smile. "I'm Kirby! What's your name? Are you new here? Do you want to sit with me? How's the day going? Mine is going--"

"Whoa, too fast!" I managed to laugh out. "I'm Inkling."

"Inkling...like a squid kid?"

I nodded. "Yeah, how'd you know?"

Kirby grinned at me. "Well, I'd have to recognize a fellow boneless buddy, right?"

I gasped. "You have no bones?"

"Yep!"

I sighed in relief. I guess I'm not so weird after all.

A/N: Wow. I've been gone for a while... well here's an inkling chapter! I wanted to include this because the game came out (yeah i'm pretty late).  I'm so sorry for not updating, and I'm also sorry this chapter is sort of a filler (the marth birthday thing is coming up tho). I appreciate all the support and loveee the comments ya'll are making! Thank you so much.