Chapter 16- Daisy's POV

Was saving princesses always this easy?

I was expecting some action, like fighting and stuff, or at least a longer trip. All we literally did was go to Bowser's house. 

I sighed. That thirty-minute way to Bowser's  house didn't really help me get to know Luigi any better.

"Is this how saving Peach was like?"

Luigi shook his head. "Bowser actually put up a fight that time." 

"Why'd he let you go so easy, Rosie?" I asked her.

Rosalina looked at the ground. "I don't know."

"Well," I said, "it must've been really scary being trapped in there for...what? Four days?"

"It wasn't scary," she answered. 

I turned around and saw her calm and mostly emotionless face. "You sure? Peach says it's really freaky."

"It's not," Rosalina insisted. "We went for a dinner, and a movie, and made brownies-"

"Whoa, whoa, what?" This cold, unemotional girl almost looks happy talking about Bowser. Now, I'm not trying to judge or anything, but Bowser is...a little sketchy. 

"Wow...Peach told me he starved her..." Luigi muttered. 

"Well, he didn't starve me," Rosalina said quietly as she walked closer to Luigi. 

Anger bubbled inside me. She was talking all about Bowser and now she feels the need to stand so close to Luigi?

Luigi smiled at her. This is not fair! 

Well, I get it. It's not like I got in this school because they wanted me here. In the end, I'm still just a princess who got in because of money. Even Peach got in by skill. 

I stayed behind them. 

Soon, we reached the school. I went in and hurried inside my dorm room. 

"You look down, Daisy," Samus said while stacking up her books. "Things with Luigi not work out so well?"

"It worked out fine," I answered. I lay down on my bed and drifted off to sleep. 

*** 

Peach stared me down. "Hey."

"Hey," I replied awkwardly. 

"Thanks for getting Rosalina," the princess finally said.

"Um...you're welcome."

It went silent.

"Did you have fun with Luigi?"

"Not really." I slapped my hand over my mouth. I shouldn't just... blab about these things to people. Especially Peach! She's the gossip central of the school!

"Why not? I thought he likes you."

"I don't know, Peach. Just...as soon as Rosalina was there, it was almost like I didn't exist..."

Her gaze at me began to look distant. "Yeah?" She put her hand on mine. "I... I understand."

I snatched my hand away. "You? Understand? Please. You don't know anything." I slammed my books closed, picked them up, and stormed away. People watched me as I left. 

"I think she has anger issues," I heard someone say. 

"She must be crazy..."

"She bought her way in, she's nothing special."

I gritted my teeth and continued walking, ignoring the tears falling from my eyes. 

I really don't belong here.

A/N: Aw, poor Daisy...Anyway, that was really short, and I'd like to apologize for that. But I have a decent reason: I GOT A SWITCH OMG I GOT THE NINTENDO FRIGGIN SWITCH AND I WAS FANGIRLING ALL WEEKEND 

I hope I can get a longer chapter next time...Well, hope you enjoyed, and have a nice day!