Chapter 27- Link's POV

"So are you dating or nah?" Pit slumped into the chair beside my bed. "Well? You got an answer, Link?"

"I...well...it's, uh...complicated...?"

Marth shut his copy of A Midsummer Night's Dream (that nerd's reading it for the seventh time, I think). "Complicated? You're kidding, right?"

I scoffed. "Why would I be kidding?"

Marth sighed. "So you make out and go on a few dates and you're still not dating?"

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Look. I know what you mean but...but I don't know what Zelda thinks."

Pit squinted. "And by that you mean...?"

"I mean I can't assume things." I fell on my back.

"You do realize you're assuming that you can't assume things, right?" Marth replied.

Pit rolled his eyes. "What an intellectual."

Marth scowled. "Watch it, pretty boy."

"I'm the pretty boy? Have you seen a mirror before?"

"Guys, stop it!" I snapped.

"WHOA dude, what's got you so triggered?" Pit exclaimed.

"Nothing."

Marth and Pit both gave me a suspicious look.

Marth sighed. "Look, Link, you and I have known each other for a long time. So tell me, what's going on?"

I looked back at him dead in the eye. "Newcomers."

There was silence for a moment until Pit snorted and burst out laughing. Marth smiled too, weirdly enough.

"W-what are you guys laughing about?"

"Newcomers?" Pit managed to say between laughs. "That's what you're worried about?"

"Yes, and it's for a very logical reason," I answered. 

"You don't have any logic, my good sir," Marth said bluntly. 

"Finally, I can agree with you on something!" Pit shouted.

"Shut up, Pit! You're going to get us in trouble!" Marth scolded.

"Okay, Mom."

"YOU LITTLE DEMON--"

"Marth, what happened to logic?" I sat back up and crossed my arms. "Anyway, my concern is that we've got a lot of newcomers this time. Which means..."

"Our school's Hero is getting a roomate," Marth finished. "Right?"

I nodded. "There's that, and also..."

Pit leaned in. "Also...?"

"I overheard some of the girls talking." I whispered. "And apparently we've got a -- and I quote -- 'hot hunk' coming soon."

Marth raised a brow. "Who...?"

"I don't know yet, and I'm kinda--"

"--Scared he'd steal Zelda? Don't worry about it, Link. She's into you. I don't think that's changing." Marth patted my shoulder.

"Do you know who it is, though?"

Pit sat up straighter. "Well, I may have some insight since, you know, I'm real slick with the ladies."

"Explains why you don't have any." Marth deadpanned.

"Shut up, you." Pit put on this smug expression. "Lady Palutena's a girl, yeah? Maybe she knows."