Road Trip

Dear Diary,

It had been a few days since the funeral and since then I have been attempting to control my wolf and vampire gene. With very little luck, I was preparing my self for the worst pain I had felt. The full moon was in a couple of days and if I didn't learn control by then I will have to turn, with a heads up from mummy dearest, I know its going to be painful. I will have to break every bone in my body a number of times and will turn into a wolf. Great! ..... 

"Come on Hope, one more try, you will get the hang of it!" My mum encouraged

"Thats easy for you to say, you already have control!" I had been at this for hours trying to turn on command but I was failing big time. "Can't we just get out of town and run of ut the woods were I don't have to learn to control?"

"We will move, but not yet I can't having you mauling  the towns folk when we just arrive."

"fine!" I chuckled I tried once more, clearing my mind and thinking only of the wolf I will become. Then I let my hand fall and in that moment I saw claws and fur and all things wolf like on my hand. I did it, I turned on command! Well kind of. 

.....

Today was the day, the day I was leaving this town, I could forget the past and move on without thinking twice about what had happened here since my fifteenth birthday.

"Hope, are you nearly packed, we have to leave in ten minutes!" My mum/Hayley shouted.

"Yep, just packing the last few clothes" I was really excited, although I have know clue where we were going I knew that I was entering a life full of all the supernatural craziness I had only heard about in books. But like any teenager I was excited. My mum had compelled a bunch of guys to move all the boxes in to the van that my mum drives around in, I really like the idea of compulsion it saves me from having to do the heavy lifting myself. 

When I went outside I saw my mum talking/compelling these men to not remember anything. When I approached the back of the van, I saw four coffins all laid out in a row. Shocked was an understatement, maybe this was normal in supernatural land but it was just plain weird here. My mum must have seen the strange/shocked expression I was making as she walked over to me and explained.

"These coffins contain our family, they are under a sleeping spell connected to your fathers life, They have been like this since your fathers sacrifice, I couldn't leave them lying around as this family have a lot of enemies, and a lot of people who would trying to kill them when they are in this vulnerable  state."

"Why did they have to be put under the sleeping spell though?"

"because when Marcel took down your family, he made sure none of them would make it out alive, poisoning freya, hexing Rebekah and biting Elijah and Kol. But we were one step ahead on him"

...

We had been driving for what felt like hours. I had kept asking where were we going but nothing, the only answer I got was 'Its a surprise!"  I wondered if we were going to New Orleans to take down Marcel, But I doubted it especially since I had been a Tribrid for like five minutes.

....

"Are we nearly there yet!" I didn't want to sound like an annoying child, but I was getting really bored.

"Yep we have just arrived"

"I looked around and saw a town sign, 'Mystic Falls, why here" I asked

"Your father and I have friends here."