Girly Night In

"Okay guys I really want to find a spell to put me in my families dream world without me having to go into the same slumber. So I brought my grandmothers spell book with me what do you say, want to help?" I said. I was spending the night over at Josie and Lizzie's, we had become great friends ignoring the fact I was blackmailing their parents etc.

"You have Ester Mikaelsons spell book!" Lizzie exclaimed. What can I say the Mikaelson family is like royalty in supernatural world.

"Yeah, you want to look and help me find the spell I'm looking for"

"Sure!"both Lizzie and Josie replied.

...

"You guys have been at that for ages, can't we have some real fun with magic!" Josie moaned. Lizzie and I had been reading through my grandmothers grimoire for hours doing many spells that had any relation to a slumber.

"You're forgetting the part where we can't do magic!"Lizzie said

"Well we can if we have another witch" Both siphon witches turned around to me looking at me hopefully. "Please help Hope." Josie pleaded.

"Want do you want me to do?" I huffed as I gave in to Josie and Lizzie's wishes. Josie gave a mischievous smile as she thought of a plan.

We all lit up some candles and gathered in a circle all holding hands

"What are we doing Josie, this is ridiculous we can't summon the dead!"

"It will be fun, just shut up, clear your head. Now hold hands" Josie instructed us. "Now, whatever you do do not break the circle. Now Hope you lead the chant" Josie said excitedly 

We sat in the circle chanting the spell I had read in my grandmothers spell book, our eyes closed, hands joined. But nothing was happening. "Great we just wasted ten minutes of my life I will never get back" I moaned after nothing happened 

"You are immortal idiot, now shushhh" Josie replied to me still concentrated on the circle and the candles in the middle. Lizzie huffed at annoyance of her sister.

We all went quite, repeating the spell and then I heard ominous voices calling my name

Hope! Hope! Hope! the voices were coming from everywhere 

I opened my eyes and in front of me I saw a women.  She was just under six foot and had blonde hair. She had rosy pink lips which were slightly parched.

"Hope, my sweet girl you don't know how much of a danger you are to yourself to others. You will kill those two girls in there you are just like the rest of your family cursed!"

"What...what do you mean...I would never...never kill them. Who are you and how do you know me"I stuttered  suspiciously

"Thats not important all you need to know is i'm family and I'm very sorry I caused this burden on you" The women said caressing my cheek. In that moment I realised who I was talking to

"Ester" I spoke barely getting the words out. My mum had told me stories of Ester, I knew she was my grandmother and she tried to sacrifice me when I was born. But that was it, but it was enough to make me hate her.

"I prefer grandmother" She said smiling, then she disappeared in front of my eyes vanishing into pure dust leaving no trace.

When I realised what was happening it was to late. I awoke from the confrontation with Ester and my magic had got out of control the pillows on the made up beds that were next to us  were exploding with feathers. The fizzy drinks that were on the coffee table bubbled and then created a Coca-cola volcano everything was exploding. Popcorn that was in front of us was flying. The candles that we had placed neatly around the circle burst up in flames, so did the fireplace. Josie and Lizzie had many failed attempts at getting through to me, I was blocking everything out, I didn't realise I was doing it I couldn't focus, all I could do was watch what chaos I was causing.

"Hope"Lizzie and Josie screamed at me "Control it, look at me" They shouted shaking me back and forth. Then Lizzie slapped me and I came to my senses. The exploding stopped everything fell to the floor, feathers, popcorn etc. I was out of breath and feel to the floor

"You really need to get that magic under control" Josie chuckled as she flopped to the floor sitting next to me. All three of us sat the laughing our heads off at the mess that was before us.

"What happened? and sorry about that"

I laughed so Lizzie felt better about slapping me. "I saw my dead crazy grandmother " I didn't want to explain what she said to avoid questions being asked.

"What really" Lizzie sounded shocked.

"Told yah!" Josie screamed in Lizzies face sticking out her tongue in a childish manner. "I knew it would work, we summoned the dead!"

Lizzie laughed pushing Josie away and grabbing what was left of the pillow and whacking Josie in a childish way.

We all joined in grabbing pillows and fighting with them and attempting to climb over the mess that was all over the room. We were jumping over beds and running around screaming and laughing.

"Enough! I'm out of breath" I stuttered after catching my breath giggling.

We then sat down in the front room, replenished the popcorn bowl and fizzy drinks and spend twenty minutes arguing over what film to watch that was on Netflix. We finally  decided  on watching 'Fault In our stars', we each grabbed a box of newly opened tissues and curled up under the warmth of the blankets. 

....

The film had ending ten minutes ago and still sobbing with tears, we were taking tissue from tissue to clean our panda eyes, after our mascara had dripped from our eyes. When we heard the rattling of keys coming from outside the door. I slowly came out of the blankets we were huddled over and I grabbed the nearest sharp object I could find (which was a lamp) and tiptoed towards the door ready to use my hybrid skills to attack the intruder.

The keys went into the hole and the door creaked open slowly. Then a black hooded figure came in from the storm outside.

"Woah" The figure said as he stepped back and turned ot the light. Then we realised who it was as they came out from beneath the shadows.

"Alaric, what the hell were you doing" I said as I placed the lamp down thankful it was not one of Marcel's men that had found me.

Dad, what are you doing back this evening. You and mum were supposed to come back tomorrow" Josie said as she went towards her dad and hugged him. I couldn't help but be jealous of her relationship she had with her dad especially since mine was desiccated and Marcel's prisoner .

"I came to check on you girls but you seem to be fine on your own" Alaric chuckled, he started to walk into the front room and as his voice trailed off Lizzie pulled me back from following him and whispered 

"What about the mess in their, what are we going to..."

But she was cut of by Alaric shouting his head off about the mess and chaos in the front room. Lets just say that will be the last sleepover we have for a long time.