The Ice Ball

Hope's P.O.V

I was sitting on my bed cocooned in blankets as I looked around at the many box-upped possessions. Amongst them my new sliver knee length dress glistening in the mirror as it hung from my make shift wardrobe door. Looking in the mirror I saw my reflection,my messy bun flopped over the side of my head.

"Are you going to get ready for this party then?" I heard my mums familiar voice from the doorway.

"Yep eventually,just waiting for time to stop so I don't have to go" I joked. my mum walked into the room and on her way to me picked up the dress I was dreading to wear. She perched on the side of the bed next to me and carefully laid the beaded snow coloured dress over both our laps.

"So I know we said we wouldn't celebrate christmas this year, but I got you little something." Mum said whilst handing me a small box wrapped in christmas wrapping paper and tied up with a velvet red ribbon. 

"It's christmas in a few days, why are you giving it to me now?"I questioned as I received the present. I was unwrapping carefully whilst my mum replied to my question

"You do realise you are supposed to be going to a christmas party in a couple of hours" 

"Well, i'm not in the festive mood" I said sulking.

"I think I can guess why." My mum then grabbed my hand and placed it into hers "We will be altogether soon. Myself,your father, your aunts, uncles and yourself, all under one roof. By your birthday next year, I promise you."

"And a Mikaelson never breaks a promise. .....But then my birthday....it would have been a year since I found out about this...a year we would have had to save father"

"I know hun, we just have to think of the positives"

"Omg, its beautiful" I replied as I opened the present. Inside was a beautiful braclet. It was sliver chain with a crescent moon connecting each side. 

"Let me help you with that." Mum said as she clasped the bracelet around my wrist. "Now get ready. And quickly!" she said as she playfully pushed me of the bed.

...........

Hayley's P.O.V

The originals and myself had been waiting for Hope to come down in her new christmas dress. We were all excited for this years celebrations because this would be the first christmas since that year where me and Hope were not alone. It was going to be great this year. 

"Come one Hayley, are you going to help us get the decorations down before madame comes down" I heard Rebekah call to get my attention.  Elijah and Kol had found the biggest christmas tree in Mystic Falls and had positioned it in the middle of the Lockwood living room. All that was left was the decorating of the green giant tree.

"I'm coming" I shouted back, I placed the tray of christmas sugar cookies and glasses of blood on the nearest surface as I ran toward Rebekah and Freya to help decorate.