Chapter 13

{Day before the sleepover}

      "Shanell hurry up we need to go to the store" Leila said

" I'm coming I'm coming damn "

I'm on my way to party city to get some cute decorations for my sleepover tonight , I'm hella excited and so ready to turn the fuck up . We have weed , hella liquor, and hella food too . We have all kinds of games to play and things to do like watch movies . As I walk into party city I happen to see a little girl walking around with a birthday girl pen on , she was just the cutest thing ever . We both stopped and look at the pink balloons with the glitter on it . I bent down to her height " your favorite color is pink too huh " " yea " I like glitter too and is it your birthday " " yes " she said with a big smile " happy birthday " I smiled as she placed one of the pink crowns on top of her head, this little girl looked like somebody I new but I couldn't think about who , I really thought long and hard until I a voice yelled out Kia " Kia .. Kia come here !" Standing there in shock of who this voice might be coming from and ran to the back of the store so he won't see me Leila looked at me crazy " girl what the hell you doing!"

"shhhh come here "

" what ... what?" She whispered

" that's king and his two daughters "

" BITCH THAT IS HIM !"

" we need to leave before he see me "

" we didn't even get the stuff we need ,shanell stop this "

" stop what? "

" this! This nigga got you hiding in a party store you need to find out what you want to do and do it and do it fast because this isn't the first time I've seen you hiding in a store because of him "

" what am I supposed to do ? Go up to him and be like let's talk ..., I haven't talked to him in 2 months "

" shanell just talk to him tell him how you feel "

" HOW LEILA ? WHEN?"

" alright since you want to be dumb give me your phone "

" what.?? Why?"

" just give me the damn phone "

" ugh"

" king I know we haven't talked In a while but I have thank things over and want to talk to you about everything tomorrow if that's okay .. see that's all you had to say"

" what if he don't text back "

* new text message from king *

Shanell baby I miss you and of course we can talk

" that was fast " I said looking at him from the back of the store .

" told you "

" okay can we go now I'm getting in my feelings and he look daddish right now I can't take it "

Leila looked at me and started laughing " what? I'm seriously thinking about calling him later to get some act right  "

" shanell I can't with you girl " she said laughing her ass off

{Kings pov}

I can't believe she just texted me and said she wanted to talk . I'm ready for us to move on and get back to where we was , I also want her to meet my kids.

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUU! , HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KIAISA"

Everybody shouted with joy and excitement while standing over a princess and the frog cake with 6 lit candles. All my family came to the party even her mother .

" I missed you guys " lily said staring into there eyes
" mommy missed you guys so much " she picked them up and gave them both a big hug .

"Daddy can I open my presents now?" Kia said pulling his arm

" I'm coming let me talk to mommy really fast okay"

" okay " they both ran off to play with the other kids

" I see you've got better "

" why every time you see me that's the only thing you want to talk about ? "

" because that's all I'm worried about .. is you getting better and actually being there for our fucking children "

" I am there For my kids ! You make it seem like I don't do shit for them when really I'm doing a hell of a good job "

" HOW THE FUCK YOU DOING A GOOD JOB WHEN YOU NOT EVEN TRYING TO STAY OFF DRUGS"

She starts crying " see here you go again it's all about the drugs "

" DAMN RIGHT its all about the drugs because you shouldn't be doing that shit , look at you what kind of role model you trying to set for our kids ? "

" KING CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT LATER ITS KIA BIRTHDAY! Please I'm trying to be happy to keep a smile on my baby face for her day "

" iight but I'm not done talking to you "

She walked away and Kia ran up to her and hugged her , then everybody went inside to open the gifts.