Chapter 39

SHANELLS POV

A week later king was still in the hospital , the gun shot was so bad that he fell into a coma, I almost went to jail for killing Hennessey , I became depressed and sad , I sit in the dark and cry everyday , I only went to visit him two times just see him laying there makes me cry , my family and his family try to check up on me from time to time, sometimes i don't even answer the door.

Its now been a month and ive been sick for a few days now , i had to move back in with my mom so she could look after me " baby i really think you should go to the hospital " she said every time i would throw up my food . "no ma im okay " i hated hospitals , but i decided to go anyway , mostly because i wanted to see how king as doing . when i got to the hospital my heart was pounding , i was so scared and i didn't know why " ms. jones the doctor will see you now " .

" Shanell its going to be okay , your strong and smart , just hold your head up okay baby " my mom said trying to calm me down

the doctor came back in " well ms. jones we checked everything out and congrats your pregnant" my heart dropped , I was happy and a lil sad at the same time , my mom hugged me and told me everything is going to be alrigh. The next day I went to see king , his mother and his ex wife was there . " hey baby how you doing " his mom said hugging me " im doing so much better " I said hugging her back , she took my hands and said " thank you for saving my son , he's doing much better then the last time you where here " " that's so good " I said with tears rolling down my face .

" I have something to tell you " I said

" what is it sweetie "

" im pregnant "

she hugged me so tight " awh im having another grandbaby "

lilly walked passed me " congrats! you're going tto be a great mother " she whispered as she walked out the room .

it made me feel much better that I had more of a support system from his side of the family at a time like this . later that night I got a phone call from his mother that he woke up , I rushed to the hospital , when I got to the room he was siting up in his bed . " hey im going to be his nurse for tonight , he is doing really good right now but he just cant talk or walk but he responds .

" hey baby" I said sitting next to him , his eyes got wide and I hugged him . " i missed you so much " I said rubbing his face. I started to get really emotional about everything . Just sitting there thinking about my life and where I started , I never really had to go through something like this until I got on my own , I was always handed everything and anytime I had a problem my parents fixed it ,I didn't really live life until king came in my life .

I used to take everything for granted , king showed me what love was , he showed me how to trust someone , how to make life changing decisions for myself and others , I really appreciate my hood nigga