Chapter 33

shanells pov

Me and my mom are doing way better then we were before . We sat down two weeks ago and I apologized about everything , I love my mom and I don't know what I would do without her , I was just in a really bad space and I was depressed about my baby and everything that was going on . I told her everything and we sat there and cried about it . today I got a call from her and was telling me that my auntie from Washington passed away and we need to go up there for a week , I was sad because she was one of my favorite aunties and it really hit me hard .

as I was packing my bags getting ready to go to Washington king called me .

" hey baby "

"wassup what you doing?"

" just got done packing for the trip what are you doing "

"laying down baby ima miss you , what it gotta be a week "

" ima miss you too and I don't know probably because we haven't been up there to see our family in years "

" well when you come back I have a surprise for you "

" what is it I wanna know now "

" naw ima keep it a surprise until you come back "

" alright but king I have to finish packing ima call you back when im done "

" you better call me back too "

" and if I don't "

" don't fucking play with me "

I started laughing " boy bye " I hung up the phone , a few minutes my mom called me down stairs .

" Shanell are you ready to go "

" yea but where is dad"

" you dad... he wont be coming he said he has something to do he'll meet us there I guess"

" wow so the relationship is that bad mom "

" yea baby , but ima let god handle that "

I knew the relationship with my mom and my dad was coming to an end but I didn't know it was this bad , I feel so bad for my mom she doesn't dress up anymore , she haven't been doing her hair , she don't go shopping , and I barely see a smile on her face . my mom is the strongest person I know and eventually she will get through this .

we got to Washington and waiting at the airport for us was my cousin princess . my cousin is this hard working smart beautiful college student , she's always been the smart one out of the group and every independent , she bought her own car at 16 she's also my favorite cousin.

" is that my favorite cousin and my favorite auntie " she said walking up to us .

" yes its me " I said giving her a hug

" girl! we haven't talked in years where have been sis " she said

" I know I've been busy doing a lot of shit "

" the last time I talked to your mom she told me you were in school and you had a boyfriend and stuff "

I had to lie I wasn't confrontable with telling anything yet " yea im still in school and no actually im single "

" oh okay "

we got to her house and all of our family was outside , we spoke to everyone. princess and I went to the back to smoke.

" girl ive been really stressed out these passed few months , my Christmas was soo shitty and fucked up " I said hitting the blunt

" damn girl, no lie mines was shitty too my boyfriend broke up with me , he say I be busy and never have time for him , but I honestly feel like he broke up with me so he wont have to buy me anything " we both started laughing

" don't you have your own apartment ?" I asked passing the blunt

" yea I was going to stay here at my moms house , I didn't want to be by myself but its hella old people here" she said blowing the smoke out of her mouth

I laughed " ill stay with you girl and we can catch up on some stuff"

I got my stuff, got in the car and we went to princess house . her apartment was so nice , she had all shit set up , everything was white and rose gold or just gold and I was fucking with it .

" damn girl I like this , this is nice "

we started talking and come to find out this good girl is actually bad .

" ive been sleeping with my best friends boyfriend and I don't know how to tell her , its like I really love him but I love her to and I wouldn't want her to do this to me and I always ask myself why am I doing this to her , she don't deserve that shit at all im a horrible as person and when my mom passed away my feeling became numb I don't feel shit right now "

she continued to talk about all her problems , I just sat and listened and when she would ask me about my problems I would always change the subject . later that she got a party inivte from a friend

" we should go we don't have nothing else to do " I said looking at her with a face

" you right " she said as she jumped up off the bed . we got dressed , did our makeup and left to the party.

KING'S POV

This was my first night without Shanell next to me . I called my friend vid to see what nigga as up to and he didn't even answer , I called my brother and he told me was on his way to the strip club." aye bro come thru "

" say less bruh "

I got dressed and went to the club. when got there its was hella people , I walked straight to my brothers vip section and the first thing I was get a bottle , a nigga was stressin . The night go's on , im in my feeling mixing up my drinks and drinking that shit like it was water , before I knew it I was fucked up .