Chapter 21

Izaya looked on eagerly. Surely any other human would be dead by now but... you were you. You were different than any of the other humans he met, but in a special way.

As your head rolled off your body, Mikage glanced down at you in a belittling way. 'She died, how tragic'. She underestimated you. She didn't think you were all that special. She didn't know what Izaya saw in you, but not her. Even though you may have whooped her a**, that didn't finalize the outcome of another fight. She didn't exactly know what to expect then. But now, she had ideas.

After your head rolled off, everything was silent. Everyone looked on eagerly to see what would happen next. Would you get up? What would happen? Was this the end for you?

No, far from it. Your corpse slowly rose up. The presumed murderer observed speechless, his jaw dropping.

Shizuo's heart skipped a beat at what he had witnessed. He had faith in you for making that decision, and it turned out that his faith wasn't misplaced.

Izaya smiled as he watched your corpse rise. He knew you wouldn't disappoint his expectations. You always exceeded them. On the other hand, Mikage looked on in envy and embarrassment. 'Impossible'. Out of the corner of her eyes she watched as she witnessed Izaya's eyes sparkle, his smile slowly growing. Her heart burned. You were taking all the attention from Izaya, he would never miss a day without mentioning your name. She had to do something to prove that you weren't as highly proclaimed as he may have thought. She wanted to fight you. Not just any weak fight, she wanted to fight you to her limits and to yours.

As your body slowly rose up, you smiled. The headless corpse slowly walked its way to you. When it reached your head, it slowly picked you up. 'Whee!' you giggled inside your mind. As your head got reunited with your body, you walked to your attacker. You cracked your knuckles, and neck. You chuckled at his expression. He looked at you speechless and flabbergasted. His knife dropped from his hands and landed on the floor with a quiet 'clank'. "You should really close your mouth, or else you may catch flies.~" You said with a smirk. He quivered and attempted to grab his knife. He blinked his eyes after a moment of realizing it was no longer in his reach. He looked around nervously. "Looking for this sweetheart?~" You twirled the knife around your fingers. He sat there dumbfounded for a minute, then gulped. "Now, I'm truly hurt that you tried to kill me. So now that we're in this circumstance... Do you think I should follow the example of what they say 'An eye for an eye'?" He rapidly shook his head. "P-please N-n-no!"

Shizuo crept up behind you. He ducked when you turned around just as quickly with the knife aiming above him in his direction. "Hm?" You looked down. "Oh it's just you Shizuo-kun." He looked up and slowly stood back up as you dropped the arm you held the knife in, to your side. He tried to attempt what Yuki had once done before. He placed his hand on your shoulder. He knew how much it would hurt you if you realized you killed another person. "That's enough [F/N]." Your eyes went wide as you slowly reverted to your 'original self'. "Shizuo?" You smiled at him, to which he returned. 'It worked' he cheered internally. You turned back toward the man. The man stiffened, and backed away. You smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry if I scared you sir. You should go on now. Here's your weapon back." Confused and stunned, the man hesitantly grasped his knife from your hand. He watched on as you walked back to Shizuo.

Shizuo smiled at you. You returned his handsome smile, and hugged him. "Thanks Shizuo." You muttered, but loud enough for him to hear. He blushed then slowly pat your head. You looked up at him. "Wanna get something to eat?" You nodded. "Russia Sushi?" You beamed.

"Sure."

Izaya observed your movements in both jealousy and awe. You just kept blowing his mind.If only he could get Shizuo out of the picture. Although Shizuo had thought the same. They both shared the same thoughts, wanting to rid the other of [F/N]'s personal life. But they also had to get Yuki away as well. An obstacle they may have to work together to accomplish.

As you and Shizuo walked side-by-side, the man stood up. He threw his knife towards the back of your head. Shizuo glanced back, his eyes widened. "[F/N-" He attempted to warn you, but before it touched your head, you quickly whipped your head around, catching the knife between your two fingers. You glared at the man responsible of throwing it. "You just don't know when to quit do you?" You walked up to him. He cowered in fear as you approached him. As you stalked over to him, you threw the knife at him effortlessly. He groaned out in pain and clutched his wound, looking at it in a daze. You grabbed his collar, kneed him, right where it hurts, then threw him up towards the sky. He flailed his limbs around in panic. As he came back down, you kicked him to the next town over. He yelled a string of curses as he flew off in the distance.

You tightened your fist in irritation. You honestly didn't want to hurt him as much. Sure he did try to kill you, twice, but you never wanted to harm anyone. You only wanted to use your strength for the good. To protect others, and maybe yourself. Although you put others before you. Thoughts scattered into your mind as you frowned. 'Why did he have to be so stubborn? You gave him mercy, yet he decided to not take it? Was he trying to get himself killed? Was he that idiotic? What was wrong with this guy? Why even-'

Shizuo's voice shook you from your thoughts. "It's OK [F/N]. Let's go get something to eat." You looked up at him, then back at the spot where the man was formerly present. You clenched your fist again for a brief second, then let go.

"OK." You grinned at him.