Chapter 23

"Huh [F/N]?"

Three heads turned to the voice. A variety of three responses.

"Yuki!" One of suprise.
"Yuki." One of greeting and formality.
"Yuki." And one of despise.

"Uh Izaya? Who's Yuki"
"Hm? Oh no don't worry about it."

"Ah I was looking for you. I even tried calling you." You looked down at your phone. The battery was dead. You scratched the back of your neck and grinned sheepishly out of embarassment.

"Mind if I join you guys?" You looked towards Shizuo for confirmation.

He gave a small smile. "Nah, I don't mind."

Mikage grew fustrated with Izaya. "Helllloooooo? Izaya? What? Is there something distracting you? Because if there is then where-" Before she had the chance to turn around, Izaya grabbed her hand.

"Mikage..." He said her name in a deepier, huskier tone, in attempts to woo and distract her. "Please don't turn around. This is our date. I want you to look at me and only me. No distractions k?~" He said, cupping her face.

"I-Izaya..." She blushed, then it deepened when she realized that she was falling for him. "Y-You're weird. D-Don't think I'm falling for your charms Orihara."

Izaya smirked. "So I do have charms?" She looked away bashfully. "N-no! Don't get too ahead of yourself! I-Idiot Orihara." He only chuckled.

Shizuo stared between the two of you. Yuki told numerous jokes and stories, to which you were amused to. He hated to admit it but, if he wanted to win your heart, then he'd have to get Yuki out of the picture.

Izaya who shared the same thoughts, would have to devise a plan. And to be successful he realized he'd need help. And it seems that he'd need to call a truce.

As [F/N], Yuki and Shizuo left, Simon yelling his goodbyes, Yuki smiled at you. "Do you want me to walk you home?" To which, Shizuo hurriedly replied for you.

"No, it's okay bud, I'll take her home." You nodded and smiled apologetically to him. "Sorry but thanks for the offer." Yuki nodded, smiled and waved. He then walked off in his own direction. He decided he'd find another place to stay from now on.

When Izaya saw the three of you walk away, he waited a bit so as to give Shizuo some time to walk you home. He stalled Mikage for a few minutes before leaving, making sure to pay for the two of them. As he walked Mikage home, there was a silence. She, not wanting to be in this silence anymore, decided to speak up.

"Uh...Thanks for taking me out today Izaya. Even though this seems a bit out of character for you." She said muttering the last part.

"And thank you Mikage-chan. I really had fun." She smiled at him, a slight blush shown on her face. Then she snapped out of it. "But this doesn't mean I like you or anything. Idiot." He chuckled.

Once they arrived at their destination, they said their goodbyes. As Izaya walked on, wanting to find Shizuo. He sighed. "Finally that 'date' is over."

He walked to the direction of your house, stumbling upon a familar blonde haired man that was in his trademarked bartender outfit. "Ah Shizuo-" He was cut off by a loud yell.

"IIIIZZZZAAAAYYYYAAAA!"

As Shizuo began to be riled up, Izaya quickly stopped him from continuing the usual routine they followed when they caught sight of each other.
"Hold on Shizuo. Seriously, I want to talk to you about something."

He stopped.

He dropped the nearby stop sign he was carrying. If Izaya didn't seem serious about talking to him, he would've continued on what he was planning to do. He sighed as he stomped out his cigarette.

"I can't believe I'm doing this. I didn't think the day I'd ever ask you for help would be today." Shizuo was confused and stunned at his words. 'Izaya... asking me for help?'

How would this turn out?
And what did Izaya need help with?