6. Water Droplets

Word Count: 844

Rated: PG

Description: Gru tries to cheer her helpless wife on a rainy day

---------------------------------

  The redheaded grasped the strap of her purse, darting eyes at her husband. She wasn't pleased by Gru's motivation of cheering her up. Lucy was tormented by work and nothing ached more than her ticking heels and spine. The gnarled woman only thought of the relief of relaxing when they at arrive at home. Hot, steamy tea would be waiting for her as she slips onto her pj's and sleep the day off. Instead, she'll have to suffer the pain on her heels. The pursuit of the criminal, earlier, must've been the problem, she thought. The couple was scattered all around and boy does the criminal know how to run! 

The sound of the redheaded name was being called. Knowing it was from her husband, Lucy didn't bother to answer. "Honey," He began. "Lucy, please listen to me." The ex-villain slipped his hand onto her coated shoulder. His eyes scanned for any gleam on her face, but he received a solemn expression instead. This wasn't the type of woman he married. Lucy's a sweet, gleeful person. The type of person who'll cheer you up with her unique bubbly attitude. "Please baby, tell me vat's wrong and I'll make my best to accomplish your wish." He murmured softly on her ears. "I want you to leave me alone." Lucy firmly stated. The ex- villain's eyebrows rose. Yep, this wasn't the woman he intended to marry. Gru shoved his hands back to his pockets with eyes back to the long walk ahead. Accomplishing what her dear wife had said, Gru stayed quiet the whole way. He didn't whine for Lucy's depression nor did he ask about any topic. The ex-villain would glance a few times checking if Lucy was doing alright. 

It went with ease until he felt a water drop on his nose followed by a groan by Lucy. More droplets came down. Then more. And more. Gru checked if he carried an umbrella with him. No luck appeared and the couple had to deal with the small drizzle of rain. Well, it was a small drizzle until rain really started to pour in. It came to the point that they sprinted off. Gru tried huddling together with her gnarled wife but she refused. He stopped running, catching his breath and so did Lucy. "We need to find shelter, dis is getting crazy!" He bellowed over the roar of the rain. Gru finally had a perfect, nonblurry glimpse of her beautiful Lucy. Soaked red hair drastically fallen over her shoulders. Drops of water were falling through the bridge of her nose, avoiding the rain with her bare hands. Even in the rain, Lucy looked as the angle of beauty to Gru. 

"Wh-Where? We're still far from home and we're in the resident's area!" Lucy shouted. 

An idea landed into Gru's mind. He brushed his coat off his shoulder and gave it to Lucy. The bewildered redheaded stared at the coat. "Take it." He shook his coat. "N-No it's yo-" Lucy's husband stopped her as he rushed placing the coat on to her. "There, you won't get sick anymore." He murmured under his breath and smiled. The redheaded seemed to have heard him as for she mirrored his smile. Feeling more confident, Lucy embraced his hand and ran down the isle of houses as toddlers. The agent couldn't help but laugh the whole way. Water splashed into every direction as they ran.

 Til' they arrived their destination they stopped holding hands.

Gru fumbled on they keys and opened the door. Margo, Edith, and Agnes ran toward their soaked parents and gave them a hug. "Don't get too close around us, we don't want you sick." Warned their father. The girls ran back upstairs leaving their parents alone. The couple took their shoes off and left them to dry at the entrance. Walking barefoot, Gru walked up to the kitchen. Before he was about to grab a cup of water he felt a tug. "Here." Lucy blankly said handing the drenched, dripping coat. "Thanks," Lucy added. The ex-villain grabbed the coat as if he knew where to place it. 

Luckily, he grasped Lucy's wrist before she could dash off. "I know yu told me not to ask yu dis but I need to know why you're so angry." 

"Make me tea and I'll answer," Lucy replied. 

Faster than the speed of light, Gru dipped Earl Gray into steaming water and gave it to her wife. The redheaded waited for her tea to cool off and glanced up at her husband, sitting down on the couch. "My heels hurt, so does my back and work have been followed by a lot of awful pursuing." Whined she. The bald man slipped his hand to her knee. "Do you want me to massage you?" Gru asked. The agent cracked a smile as she embraced his hand. "I would love that." 

"Let's go."

"Wait baby, let me finish my amazing tea you prepared for me."~