19. I'm Thankful For...

It's Thanksgiving in the U.S! The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is on, food ready to be placed, football on the TV, that's the magic of Thanksgiving! Friends, family, or if you're just celebrating it alone then enjoy it. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving for any reason than I'll just tell what it is with these Thanksgiving headcanons....

First of all, it'll be Lucy's first Thanksgiving and she's nervous. Not only that but it been awhile since Gru and his daughters had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. It's because Gru is Russian so they always go to Russia during the Thanksgiving week. But this year is different because they have Lucy and she has never had an actual Thanksgiving meal as well (she's lonely and has no family ;-;) The redheaded even had committed of saying that she once spent Thanksgiving with a pizza in her hand. Gru's intention was to bring his girlfriend to his native place that week but he decided not to. As I said previously, Gru is Russian so he isn't familiar with the traditional food that is celebrated. Luckily, Lucy and his 3 adoptive daughters have his back.

4 pm strikes the clock and food are already placed on the table. Drizzling Cranberries along with buttered corn pudding, smoky brown gravy, pumpkin pie, sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, rows of carrots and a perfectly roasted turkey placed in the center. For the occasion, everyone is sporting dress/suits. Lucy will be wearing a V-neck amber dress that reaches to her feet and her typical bun. The girls will be wearing the same dresses but in blue, pink and green. Gru will wear his one and only suit in his closet. Before they feast, it's traditional to pray and go around commenting what they're thankful for. 

Gru goes first: "Alright, I'm thankful for having an amazing family with Margo, Agnes, and Edith and my beautiful girlfriend Lucy. Yu four keep me alive and I'm glad I have all of yu with me." Smiles he. Margo starts the next one. "I am thankful for many things and I'm sure I can speak for myself and my sisters when I say that I'm glad we got adopted. If it wasn't for you dad we would be eating the scraps at the orphanage about now." The eldest eyes were over her father, smiling as well. Edith bumps in adding more to her sister's sentence. "And I'm thankful for eating food! I'm starving!" Points Edith. Margo glares at her. "Ahem." The middle child clears her throat. "With all seriousness, I'm thankful for having a family like this it's pretty cool." Blushes she. "I'm thankful for," Agnes begins. "Being alive and not lost with no family. It's sad like that. But I'm no longer sad because I have you all. You're all nice and funny and it's just what I wanted." 

It's the redheaded's turn and she's pretty much trembling. "I-I'm thankful for meeting you, Gru and you're amazing daughters. Actually, I'm so thankful that you decided to stay at the AVL and how I fell in love with you." With that said everyone feasted. They were between eating and chatting. This is how Lucy always imagined a Thanksgiving feast, with those who adore her. Not alone in the dark with a pizza in their hand with pj's on. This is a Thanksgiving feast and it's been everything she wished for

Happy Thanksgiving from Mary-Miracle to everyone~