16. Late Night Thoughts

Word Count: 715

Rated: PG-13

Description: Gru and Lucy (well mostly Lucy) talk about something they've been wanting to do 

-------------------------

 When the night was still and silent and when all creatures slumbered that was when the married couple spoke. Yes, they spoke and chattered nonsense or things little kids shouldn't be hearing. Why it was their only break from all day before heading to sleep. Though, today the  wearisome couple talked on a different topic that day. 

   Her palms embraced the hotness of her cup, sipping the Earl Gray tea down. The tea allowed her sicken and dry throat to relax and accustomed to the heat. The more she drank she found herself conceiving the days of her teen years. They were the whacky and bizarre days. She chuckled, placing her cup back down. The ex-villain grabbed his cup joining his wife in the counter. "Vat are yu laughing at?" He asked softly. The redheaded stares down at the steaming drink. Her reflexion was clearly seen. "Just the old day of mine." Her thumb brushes the handle of the cup and smirks. "Teen years." She adds. 

With his hand supporting his chin, he curiously leans forward. "Like vat?" 
The redheaded interjected his question and added another, "Let's go to a club some day." Lucy sips more of her tea. The bald man pushes his body back down to his seat. His legs now overlapping each other. "De club?" Blurts he. "Yeah, you now with the loud music bursting and the alcoholic drink in your hand," Lucy rose her cup, pretending to be one of those drinks.  
"Why would we want to do dat?"
"Because it sounds pretty fun to do. You know, just you and me dancing." Smiled Lucy. Gru slammed his hand on the counter. "Yeah, around everybody else!" He exclaimed. The ex-villain calmed himself by drinking the leftover of his tea. "Dat is too embarrassing." 

Lucy brought her hand towards her husbands'. Her thumb brushed his palms and traced his fingers. "But nobody will notice, they'll be too drunk to notice. Just you and me, Gru." Her eyes glanced at his face for any changed expression. Gru observed her sweet delicate emerald eyes of hers. They were hard to resist. He bit his inner cheek and replied, "I'll be thinking about it." 

With that, Lucy passively continued her tea drinking. The bald man glanced down at his empty cup, digging for droplets with his finger. "Besides," He shifts his weight to the counter. "Why do yu really want to go there?" 

Lucy replies. "I already told you." 

"No, no. De real reason why."

The agent sighed, averting her eyes. Lucy bit her lower lip. "Well, I never had anyone to go to the club in college. I was alone." She muttered the last part. She hid her shame with her final chug of Earl Gray. "Vat about yur friends?" Gru asked. Lucy was stunned by the appreciation of this unknown topic. Nevertheless, she continued her story. "Friends? You mean those nerds that barely talked to me because they thought I would hurt them? They weren't friends, they were losers, jerks!" Stammered she. Gru began to pout as if he was in pain at the moment. He pitied her for her every word. It must've been the worst because he's been through that as well. 

"Dat's funny." Gru chuckled.
"What!" Lucy's eyes widen by his response. 
"And I here thought you were pretty famous and charmed by men since a teen." Smirked Gru. The redheaded mirrored his smiled added with a chuckle. "That never happened Gru." 

The ex-villain took his wife's hands. He rubbed his fingers around her palm before connecting them as a puzzle. His eyes fixated at their embraced hands. "Yu should have been charmed by men as a teen." Then he trailed his eyes towards the curve of Lucy's face. Her pointy nose, her parted rosy and glossy lips to her the sparkle of her eyes, was all he stared at. He slipped his hand on her chin. His finger raised her head up, now Lucy stared at Gru's features. "But then I'm glad yu weren't charmed. For yu wouldn't be with me." Gru whispered. The bald man took a quick glance at his wife before giving her a passionate kiss.~