5. I'm Betting On It

Word Count: 967

Rated: PG

Description: Lucy and Gru bet on their child's gender

------------------------------

     Moonlight escaped from their draped red curtains, lighting the excited to be parents. With their bodies resting on the mattress, Lucy's husband rubs his fingers along her wife's five-month stomach. Which seems more swollen than usual. The redheaded swallowed her laughter and enjoyed the sight of Gru embracing their future child. Gru's index finger traced half of her stomach, followed by his thumb. The touch of the spy's flesh was a placid feeling. He grew closer to her stomach. "I can imagine yu walking and talking like if it was none of yur business." He whispered. The brief puffs of her husband's voice made Lucy chuckle. "We'll see yur smile, giggles, cries, and whines," He caressed the other side now. "But it'll be all worth it once yur here with us," Gru smirked. 

The redheaded decided to stroke her stomach as well. Her hand mimicked her husband's actions and spoke the familiar words. "Oh yes, how much we'll love you." Her hand embraced Gru's as he glanced up at her. The sparkle in their eyes knew how well of parents they would be. The bald man leaned, kissing her lips before caressing his child.

As Gru spoke about the strong love between their upcoming child, Lucy observed her husband. Each vowel he whispered was in a low voice that only she would admire. She watched his hands move from every corner. Finally, her eyes were all on his expressions. She smiled thinking he really would be a great father. The urge of stroking Gru's baldness was stopped by a sudden bump. "Did you feel that?" Asked she. The bald men nodded furiously with a contagious smile that arose his cheeks. "The baby kicked! It's first kick!" Lucy exclaimed. She fumbled as she interlocked her hands with his. "I can't believe it's her first kick!" Gru turned to her wife. "Yes, I know it's too amaz-" 

The redheaded paused, processing what Gru has recently stated. "Wait she? I'm pretty sure it's a he."

The ex-villain shot back. "I'm pretty sure it is a gurl." Lucy shook her head, opposing. 

"Fine, we'll see until next week to see the gender of the baby." The spy speaking about her appointment to the hospital. "Until then it'll be a boy." 

Gru crawled back to his side of the bed. Covering his cold feet, he pulled the covers. Gru turned to his side and turned the lamp off. "Correction; a gurl." He stated before drifting to sleep. 

The weekend went by like a flash and Monday was their appointment. The redheaded sported jeans and a loose blouse that covered most of her belly. as they waited, they were busy fighting over the kid's gender. "We can't have too many gurls." Would spit out Gru. 

"A boy would be a different change." Pointed the redheaded.

"Ve don't vant different." 

Lucy snapped as her voice changed from a whisper to a yell. "Yes, we do it's going to be the be-" The lady on the counter announced Lucy's maiden name and they walked into their room.

The room was pitch-black, only the electronics gleamed blue and green. Wires conjoined and were tangled around for such a strange object. Besides the advanced technology was the doctor. She as well was a redheaded but was styled with longer hair and dyed her tips yellow. She sported her regular baby-blue uniform. Lucy scanned for a nametag in the dark, but the lack of light was no help. The doctor stood from her stool and patted the long bed-like matress. "Please lay here."   

The redheaded did as told. Since the weight of her stomach was a problem, her husband helped her by pushing her up and she laid down. "I'm Dixie and I'll be your doctor today." She greeted herself with a smile. "Alright, let's do this," Dixie stated underneath her breath. She raised Lucy's blouse up to her breast. "This is going to be cold." Warned the doctor as she moisturized Lucy's stomach with a blue gel. The agent shivered with the cold contacting her warm skin. Dixie sauntered over to her device. "Are you excited?" Dixie asked. The redheaded smirked, grasping Gru's hand. "Oh very." Chuckled the bald man. 

The doctor shifted her stool. "If you may look up here at this T.V," The doctor pointed to the flat screen on the wall. It was gleaming with black and gray colors. "This is your child here." The couple stared at the T.V bewilderingly. As Dixie was explaining the parts of the child the couple grew with amazement. "Now I'll be identifying the sex" The doctor stated. The redheaded glanced at her husband. She was ready for the announcement of a boy, while Gru was opposing for a girl. They shared smiles with determination. "You know it's going to be a boy." Whispered Lucy. "We'll see about dat."

Dixie backed off at the device with shock in her face. The couple turned to her. "What gender is it?" Asked the agent. 

"Gender? More like genders." Stated she.

Lucy cocked an eyebrow. "V-Vat do yu mean."

The doctor stood up with the biggest smile she could behold. "Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Gru, you're having twins."

Their faces fell and they're eyes widen in shock. Lucy gasped beneath her hand. While, Gru was in the mix of happiness and being surprised. The redheaded grasped his hand firmly, mimicking Dixie's expression. "T-Twins?" Stuttered he. "Yes, a healthy boy and girl." Replied Dixie. 

"It's a boy!" Shouted Lucy.

"And a gurl!" Gru shouted. They glanced at each other with tears of joy peeking out of their eyes. Dixie grabbed a tissue and cleaned the blue gel from Lucy's belly. "Congratulations." She repeated. "Thank you." The couple said in unison~