13. Perfectly Unmatched (Day 7)

Word Count: 1053

Rated: PG-13 (Angst)

Description: After Gru and Lucy had a big fight before Halloween, they mistakenly bump into each other while trick-or-treating (Final Day of HalloWEEK!)
--------------------------------

Gru's POV

    My mind wouldn't concentrate correctly all evening. Not after the way I bellowed Lucy yesterday. I tried to diminish the small argument but her mouth roared back at me. Though I haven't foresighted it, I knew that our conversation wasn't going to end well. I felt it deep down in my guts. Nevertheless, her impudent words damaged my heart through a knife. Did I vex her, for creating such a monster!  Indiscriminate words flew through my mouth. Words that I would have never dared to speak to such an elegant women. But now I regret those decisions for I now must suffer from her not next to me. Though it wasn't confirmed if we broke-up but that's what it felt...

My aching legs walked downstairs where I was invited to giggles and all sort of laughter. It was weird that the girls awoke early, it's usually Lucy who wakes them up. I rubbed my eyes followed by a yawn. Then I stopped. 

Lucy

She could be here! Faster than a bullet, I sprinted to the kitchen with high hopes. A normal human being should be in tears after a break-up. But I was far from normal. Instead, I was gleeful to see my redheaded. I turned a corner and I saw my daughters munching on breakfast, giggling between them. My smile disappeared. I sauntered over to make coffee, trying hard not to conceive Lucy. 

A tug on my pants made me turn. My youngest child glanced at me. "Where are we going for trick-or-treating?" She asked. "Vat?" My hands curled the handle, sipping some liquid. "Trick-or-Treat?" I questioned. 

"Yeah, you know Halloween?" 

My gag reflex was strong on this one. I completely forgot that was today! Chugging the rest of my drink, I replied Agnes. "Why von't we just buy candy and that'll be the end of it." I turned to the dishwasher, rinsing the cup. "But we bought our costumes." I heard from behind. "Please, Gru." Agnes begged with her hands embraced together. I stopped the water and dried the cup. Agnes pursed her lips and widen her puppy eyes, the ones I couldn't resist. "Fine, fine. I'll think of something." I gave up.

~

Midday peeked up as the sun set. Perfect time to go "trick-or-treating." I sat on the couch remembering Lucy's perfection. For example, the way her pearly-white appeared as she smiled, her red locks bouncing when she runs, her giggles, or her method of curing anything (with smiles and hugs). I was fully aware of how much of a sucker I am for affection. I need Lucy Wilde more than ever. "We're ready!" Chanted my three little angles. They hurried down to me to boast they're individual costumes which I haven't seen. "Vat are yu suppose to be?" I asked, staring at the same piece of fabric worn all three. The eldest stepped closer. "We're spies." "Like Lucy!" Added Edith. 

The sound of her name pounded my chest. Undoubtingly I listened to their whacky costume story as we roamed through the streets. Knocking door to door, begging or should I say chanting for candy. I stood beside them as bodyguards, watching all sorts of sweet treats poured on their baskets. Sweets nor candies were my thing but I would see why a child could find them delighting to devour. 

The moon overtook the night, yes a full moon. The same moon I had tried to ensnare into my palms. I still chuckle at my silly attempts and failures of my villainous affairs. Though, I shall never laugh the thought of adopting my daughters. They were the only upside of the journey. 

I watched on how the girls temporarily paused for a soft rub on their feet. I wouldn't judge, for I too was in pain. Luckily, the house was a few blocks away. Just a few. It went well 'til I heard the name I've tried to avoid this evening. 

Lucy

I know my mind pretty well. I could be hearing things from my earlier sobering but I heard her giggle crystal clear. My head turned and by my surprise, Lucy was hugging the girls. She really was here! I too wanted to embrace her and feel the warmth of her lanky body next to mine, and kiss her like there's no tomorrow. Instead, my guilty self stifled my movements. "Why are yu here?" I interject. The redheaded handed me a rose and saying: "I'm here to see you." Grasping the flower I turned to her averting eyes. Was she here to apologize?

"Gurls," I said, handing the key to the house to the eldest. "Go inside."

Right after I heard the door shut Lucy ran to me. I spotted a few tears developing. No, I didn't want to hurt her. I bit my lower lip. "I'm sorry!" Began she. "It was all my fault! I shouldn't have said any of those things to you. You're not annoying, you are the best thing in this world and I-" 

"Shh." I interrupted with my finger on her lip. "I don't care." 

Lucy jolted back with surprise. "What?"

I repeated. "I don't care vat yu have to say. All I want is yu and just seeing yu." Slipping my hands around her waist, I pushed her closer. I observed her emerald eyes, the only hue I would fall for. "I'm a sucker for love and I'm glad yur here." Before kissing my dear girlfriend I scanned if she had felt the same. Her cheeks welcomed her with bright red colors, heart-shaped eyes, and the most sexiest lip bit I have witnessed. "I love yu." I growled. "I love yo-hmph!" Our lips crashed into one. Our lips roamed for more flavor. My grip from her waist lowered to her hip bone. I felt her hands massaging my bald head. 

I didn't mind the slight smudges of lipstick, as long as I was with my Lucy.~

Authors Note: WOW! I can't believe I actually finished HalloWEEK! It's been a fun trip and I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have. Also, sorry for the delay.

Happy late Halloween!