12. Haunt? Haunt! (Day 6) Part 2

Word Count: 766

Rated: PG-13

Description: Lucy and Gru assume some their house is haunted (Day 6 of HalloWEEK)

-----------------------------

  "The-Th-The picture...!" Stuttered she. The whimpering agent hid behind Gru, wishing she didn't witness such a thing. Unknowingly, Lucy started biting off her fingernails off. The bald man cocked an eyebrow. He turned around and saw a stable picture, nothing abnormal. "Vat 'bout de picture?" Asked he. The redheaded wrapped her arms around her bald man. "I don't want to die!" She whined. Her breathing was distorted, no longer in its steady rhythm. Lucy inhaled for a massive amount of air while squinting her eyes. The ex-villain ran his fingers through Lucy's arms. He came through the development of small bumps and hairs sticking out. "The picture moved. I saw it with my very own eyes!" Gru rubbed her shoulders, shushing her quietly. His hand started caressing her red locks. "Hush, it's going to be ok. I don't vant to see yu scared like this." 

Then it snapped to Lucy. She showed her apprehensive face to Gru and hastily stated: "What about Margo! Where could she be? She could be in danger! Oh no." "I said don't worry, it'll be alright." He assured again. "You think so?" Gru nodded. 

Lucy jumped off her boyfriend lap and the hunt began...again. 

Surprisingly the bald man wasn't as terrified as Lucy. He was the one who guided her to this mystery instead of vice-versa. The redheaded said what she'd witness and the devilish way the picture turned to the side. She also rambled on how witnessing a ghost was way more bone-chilling than anything in her life and how those paranormal films have never scared her till now. "Is it really that scary?" Gru asked sarcastically. She replied with a nudge from her elbow to my shoulders and nodded. The last room was already investigated inside and out and nothing was had seem to appeal to us. "See honey, there's nothing to be afraid of." The ex-villain closed the attic. 

Lucy through her head back, hysterically chuckling. Her fingers rubbed her temple. "Now you must think I'm seeing things, no?" She flung her arm on her boyfriend's shoulder. Lucy leaned close enough that the bridge of their noses was touching. "You must think I'm crazy!" Chuckled she. Her boyfriend gulped. It wasn't that he didn't love her, but for all truth, she really was acting crazy. 

"Umm, Lucy?" 

"I'm crazy! I've gone cu-cu! Lost my nuts!" 

"Lucy!" He finally snaps. The redheaded blinks back into reality. Gru pushed her hand away walking downstairs. "I have a mission to find my daughter and I'm not going to give dat up." He sternly said. 

After what seemed hours, Margo was nowhere to be found. She wasn't inside her room, attic, the lab, backyard, nor front yard. Nowhere! His heart ached, he really couldn't have lost a child, right? His eyes glanced at the phone for the billionth time. It was a decision he was willing never doing but it was for the sake of her daughter's safety. 

"911, what's your emergency?" Spoke through the phone. The ex-villain bit his lip. His responsibilities were draining away after he would confess them. Gru would be marked as the worst father in history. It was a pathetic title he didn't want to be known for. The voice through the phone brought him back to Earth. "Hello?" The bald man fumbled with the cord, ready to confess. "Ah, yes. Umm well, you see I have lost my dau-"

Ticking heels bounced off the walls along with a faint noise. "Gru I found Margo!" Lucy shouted. Gru slipped the phone out of his hands and hugged Margo. His arms tightly wrapping her made her bones squeeze. "Ow." She said. "Vat happened? Where were yu?" Gru pressed his thumbs on his daughter's cheeks. 

"Umm, I was in the bathroom. I don't know why you guys are happy seeing me." She confessed. "Bathroom? Then why did you scream?" He asked.
"There was a spider in the bathtub so I had to scream. You really need to clean that thing more often." Margo pointed to her father. Gru embraced her again. "As long as yu're safe I'm alright." Sighed he. 

Lucy butted in. "Wait then who moved the picture? The picture who moved it. Are we really haunted!" Shrieked the redheaded. Margo widens her eyes. She ran off to the AVL agent. "Haunted! Where!" The girl with glasses grasped Lucy's hand. 

The ex-villain rolled his eyes, now witnessing not one but two scary-cats. "I guess we have another mystery to unsolve."~