9. Just Like You (Day 3)

Word Count: 598

Rated: PG

Description: Lucy goes custom shopping for her her daughters, but this year they request something different (Day 3 of HalloWEEK) 

-------------------------

    Lucy checked her mirrors before switching to the next lane. The redheaded flipped the board above, blocking the blinding sun rays. A line of cars waited for her from afar. Once she joined the barricade of honking cars, she sighed sinking herself down her seat. Traffic wasn't avoidable at this time of day. Nevertheless, she risked it for the sake of her boyfriend's girls. The redheaded released the grip of the wheel. Her fingers wrapped around the mirror up front pointing it to her sweet little angles. Lucy found herself smirking. 

"It's exciting to go and buy your costumes isn't it?" She began. No one replied. They'd seem busy gazing out their window. "I can't wait to see you girls in your costume!" Lucy tried again. Margo mumbled under her breath but the agent wasn't aware what. The redheaded bit her bottom lip, moving the car forward a bit. There were moments like this if she wondered how much a boring person she was. For the sake of the awkwardness, she turned the radio. Lucy's fingers clicked on every station but they didn't seem to appeal to her. She turned it off. 

"Are we there yet?" Agnes asked. "No honey," The redheaded's eyes looked through the sea of cars ahead. She sighed. "We're not there yet." Lucy glanced back at her mirror. "Before we walk in the store, I want to know what you girls want." Said the agent. She then hastily fumbled through her purse from the passenger seat. She snatched a paper and read it off. "According to what your father recommended, Agnes you want a princess costume, Edith you want to be a ninja, and Margo you requested to dress as a police officer." 

The three girls looked at each other, defying what the redheaded had stated. "Actually," The eldest began. "We decided something different this year." Margo pushed the bridge of glasses.  The bewildered agent stared at the girls. Edith butted in adding to her sister's statement. "We decided to be spies!" She air fisted the air. Lucy abruptly snickered through her hand. "Y-You want to be spies? How c-come?" 

 The middle child scooted to the edge of her seat, anticipated to answer Lucy's question. Her hands folded into one as she stared deep into the redheaded's emerald eyes. "We want to be a spy just like you!" Edith's fingers pointed to the driver. "You're such an inspiration to us, so it's better to be like you." Margo smiled. Lucy was fluttered. Never in her life has she's be looked towards. Instead, it was those who inspired the agent to become where she is today. Lucy wanted to be a model for these girls and if it meant for them to dress a spy, she would let it be.

Her hand over her chest with a welcoming smile as a proud mother. "Do really want to become like me?" Asked she. Margo, Edith, and Agnes nodded in unison. Lucy restrained from incoming tears. Her finger brushed through her eyes just in case any tears slipped out.  

Lucy glanced at the vast amount of space ahead. Grasping the wheel, she drove off to the Halloween store. There, she was proud to select three different spy costume sizes. Margo along with her sisters tried them on with ease.

 The redheaded went through her phone, dialing a familiar number. "Hey baby, you would not believe what the girls picked for their costumes,"~