Chapter 25

//Enid's POV

I sat by the lake, lightly putting my finger in the water and moving it around. I felt like I had gone back almost a year. Before Rick's group came.

Carl was always sneaking out to hang with Tess, Glenn and Maggie were at Hilltop, and I was alone again.

I turned sharply when I heard the gate open. Spencer and Carl came in a moment later.

Sighing softly, I turned back around.

Taking my mom's knife, I started subbing it repeatedly into the ground in boredom.

"Hey," I heard a voice behind me say.

Turning around, I saw Carl giving me a curious look.

"What do you want?" I asked forcefully.

His eye widened slightly before sitting next to me, uninvited.

"Why the hostility?" he asked. "You're my best friend, I wanted to see you."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, because you've sure been showing that."

He sighed. "I'm sorry I've been so distracted, I just-"

I cut him off. "You know," I said through clenched teeth. "I really don't wanna hear it, so if you could leave, that'd be great."

"Enid-" he started.

"I'm not kidding," I emphasized, cutting him off again. "Go away."

//Carl's POV

Shocked at how pissy Enid was being, I stared at her for a moment before getting up and walking away.

I did feel kinda bad. Maggie, Glenn, and I were the only people she trusted and we all abandoned her.

I walked through Alexandria and soon found my dad walking with a guy and a woman in a wheelchair.

Glenn and Maggie.

They smiled when they saw me and I ran up and gave Glenn a hug.

I leaned down to give Maggie one, too, making sure to be gentle.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

She frowned and shrugged. "Could be better, could be worse. But I'm happy to be home."

I smiled and turned to Glenn. "How've you been?" I asked.

"Alright," he said.

"Does Enid know you guys are back?" I wondered.

"I don't think so," Maggie answered.

"I'll got get her," I offered and started jogging over to the lake.

She may be pissed at me, but she certainly isn't pissed at Glenn and Maggie.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Is there anything you guys wanna see happen in this story?

The Kingdom isn't gonna be in it and Dwight is a pretty minor character in this so he probably won't have a rivalry with anyone