Chapter 5

//Carl's POV

We slowly pulled up to Alexandria, almost afraid at what we might see.

But it was fine. The place hadn't gotten attacked and Gabriel opened the door for us when we approached the gate.

We had only left this place yesterday but it was almost like we had completely changed.

I know I had. I hated Negan even more than I did before and Tess entered my mind regularly.

We walked slowly through the town.

Finally, my dad said, "We need to have a meeting. Everyone needs to know about Negan and what happened."

I nodded before remembering something.

"Hey, dad," I said. He turned to me. "Can I catch up with you? There's something I need to do first."

He thought for a moment before nodding. "Okay," he agreed. "Just don't be too long."

I nodded and started running toward the armory.

//Enid's POV

As I sat on the floor of the closet, I could only think about how hungry I was. I swear I was going to kill Carl when he came back.

As if on cue, I heard a familiar masculine voice call, "Enid?"

I quickly got to my feet. "Carl?" I called back.

I heard footsteps and the sound of a chair being moved.

The door opened and I was momentarily blinded by the light.

Once my eyes got adjusted, I saw Carl standing in front of me.

My entire plan of killing him getting thrown out the window, I quickly wrapped my arms around him.

He hugged me back tightly.

As I buried my fave in his shoulder, I realized how scared I actually was that he wouldn't come back. But he did, he's safe.

We pulled apart and he held my hands.

I took a silent deep breath as I tried to keep myself from being nervous.

Okay, maybe I liked him. A lot. But I was never going to tell him that.

"What happened?" I asked.

Carl took a deep breath and turned his head to look outside before glancing back at me.

"My dad wants to have a meeting," he told me. "Wanna skip it?"

I thought for a moment before nodding slightly. "Sure," I answered. "Where you wanna go? Over the walls?"

Carl furrowed his eyebrows together. "I thought you said you didn't wanna go out there anymore."

I squeezed his hands. "I will if you want to," I told him.

He smiled a little before sighing sadly. "I don't think I'm gonna be ready to go back out there for a while," he said. "Wanna go to the lake?"

"Sure," I said. Carl gathered a few things before holding his hand out.

I smiled and grabbed it, intertwining our fingers before heading out the door.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Enid or Tess?