Chapter 37

//Tess's POV

I hesitantly walked up to the gates of the Sanctuary, not having one idea of what to say.

Simon let me in and I waited while he went and got Negan.

After a few minutes, the leader of the Saviors walked up to me, a big grin on his face.

"Hello, Tess," he greeted grandly.

I gave him a weak smile in return.

He waited a few moments before saying, "I'm assuming you did what you were ordered to do."

Keeping my head down, I nodded.

"Well?" he asked, dragging out the word. "Whatcha got for me?"

I took a deep breath and slowly looked up at him.

//Enid's POV

I walked swiftly down the street, determined to keep going until I reached my destination.

Once I found the house I was looking for, I quickly walked up the steps and cut across the porch, knocking on the door.

Derick opened it a moment later, his breathing heavy.

He seemed really distracted. "Hey," he sighed, walking away, me following him. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I replied, really confused at his behavior.

"Have you seen my gun?" he asked, walking straight past me and into the kitchen.

I jogged slightly to catch up to him. "No," I denied. "Derick, can we look for your gun later?"

"No, not really," he insisted, walking into the living room after digging through all of the drawers. "I'm going on a run with Rick in an hour."

"Well, I need to talk to you," I reminded him forcefully.

Finally, he sighed and stood up from his crouched position, his hands slightly on his hips.

"Fine," he gave in, definitely still not 100% into it. "You wanna talk? Talk."

As he kneeled back down, I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I don't think this is gonna work out," I blurted.

"Shit," he whispered before getting up and walking past me.

"What isn't gonna work out?" he asked.

I caught up with him. "Us," I explained. "I don't think we're gonna work out."

Finally, he turned towards me and chuckled, still distracted and clearly out of breath.

"Enid, I don't have time to talk about feelings," he said.

"I usually don't either," I consented, easing my voice slightly. "But right now, you need to. We both need to."

He sighed and turned back around.

"I've been lying, Derick," I continued. "And that is something I hate doing. I'm not lying to you anymore."

He turned around quickly, showing me his gun with a triumphant look on his face.

"Look, Enid," he chuckled, heading for the door. "I don't know what's going on with you, but I hope you feel better by the time I get back."

I jogged after him. "Derick, I'm in love-"

I got cut off by him slamming the door in my face.

"...with someone else," I sighed.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Aw poor Enid 😥

Also Carl is such a badass in the show like 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻