7

MAKENNA

"What's your favorite color?" he asked.

I looked at him, sitting there across from me. We were back at the diner, getting lunch and hanging out. I thought about it for a little bit. Did I even have a favorite color?

"I don't know? I wear the most black, so I guess black," I said shrugging.

"I like blue," he said, looking into my eyes.

I couldn't help but feel like he was talking about my eyes. I looked away, not liking the way he was looking at me, just in time for the waitress to bring out food. It was kind of our new thing, come here, I get mac 'n' cheese and he gets a cheese burger and cheese fries. The guy loves him some cheese.

"I think I might start calling you cheese, I swear it's all you ever eat," I said laughing.

"Only if you'll accompany me by being macaroni," he chuckled.

I pouted. "My names is Makenna, not macaroni."

"Makenna, Macaroni, it's basically the same," he smiled.

"Whatever Cheese," I said rolling my eyes.

That's when I heard his voice. One that I would recognize anywhere. I looked around and found that he was sitting in a booth with someone else.

"Kaden," I said in a low voice. "We need to go." My tone was serious, not an ounce of humor or sarcasm, he picked it up right away.

"What's wrong?" he asked concerned.

"Please," I pleaded.

He nodded. He reached out his hand and dangled his keys. "Go wait in my car, I'll pay."

I nodded, quickly grabbing his keys and rushed out of the diner. I ran over to his car, unlocking it and getting in. I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I hadn't seen him in over a year. Memories flooded back, making me wince at our break up.

When Kaden finally reached the car, I was able to calm down. He looked at me still concerned. He wanted answers, but I wasn't sure if I could give them.

"What happened in there Makenna?" he asked.

"My ex, he walked in and I panicked," I said.

"Why?"

"Like I said, we had a really messy break up. One that left me completely heart broken. I hadn't seen him since that day, it was a lot."

"I'm sorry," he said. "Where do you wanna go now then?"

"Anywhere but here," I said.

"Okay," he replied, turning the car on and leaving.

I hadn't expected to see him. Not here, not now. He had left and I thought he was never coming back.

"Where's your gym?" he asked.

"About ten minutes away, why?" I replied confused.

"Let's go. I think it's time you finally kick my ass. Besides, all of my old bruises are gone and I think I need some new ones," he said with a small smile.

"Okay," I replied nodding.

~*~

KADEN

She slammed me hard onto the ring mat. This was not a good idea, it was quite honestly the worst idea I've come up with. Shit, she was not lying when she said she could fight.

"You still feeling okay?" she asked, holding out a hand to help me up.

"Yup, just the wind knocked out of me," I said wincing.