8

KADEN

I waited for a reaction, for anything that wouldn't make me look like a complete loser or reject. Just as I was about to give up, to pull away, she kissed me back. She opened her mouth, allowing me to deepen the kiss. I savored her sweet taste, never wanting it to end.

She pulled me over to her bed and sat us on it, not once breaking us apart. When we finally did break apart, I kissed down her jaw and neck, loving the sounds she was making. I pushed her down so I was on top of her, continuing to kiss her neck. I had found her sweet spot and I had no plans of stopping anytime soon.

I moved my lips back to hers, kissing her roughly once again. There was something about the way she reacted to the rough kisses that had me going crazy. I placed my hand on her hip, pushing up her shirt slightly. Her hand grabbed mine, pushing it away.

"We need to stop," she said, out of breath.

I nodded, getting off of her and sitting at the edge of her bed. I was still disheveled and frankly way too turned on to think straight. I looked at her, waiting for her to say something, anything, but she was silent.

"Kaden, I'm sorry," she said. She refused to look at me. I wanted nothing more than to look into her blue eyes and see that she wanted me. "This doesn't change anything," she said quietly.

I shook my head. "You can't tell me you didn't feel something in that," I said with disbelief.

"That's why it changes nothing," she said.

"You're ridiculous you know that," I said angrily.

"I know," she replied quietly. "I told you, I told you I couldn't do it. I won't do it. I'm not sure why you'd think you could change my mind," she said.

"Then I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't change your mind. Or prove to you that I'm worth it. Maybe you're right though, you're not good enough for me, but I really don't give a fuck. You're just being a coward, too scared to let someone in," I said.

"We can still be friends," she said.

"You don't get it do you? I don't want to be your friend Makenna, I want to be more than that. Even if we've only known each other for a few weeks."

"Why are you doing this?" she asked.

"Have I not made it clear that I have feelings for you? Or that I care about you?"

She didn't answer me. She sat there staring at me, unable to come up with a response. It only angered me more that she was sitting next to me, listening to my every word and analyzing each one, but not replying.

"You're so stubborn. You're so afraid to actually let me in, you're willing to let yourself suffer. I just don't get it. If you didn't have feelings for me, you wouldn't have kissed me like that, you wouldn't have reacted like that," I said.

I could tell I was making her angry, but I didn't care. I wanted a reaction out of her, I craved it. I wanted her to yell, to fight with me. I wanted her to care enough to be mad.

"May 12th, 2012. My dad was killed and I was sitting inches away from him. He was taken from me and my mom too soon. He didn't deserve it, but bad things happen to good people right? But if bad things happen to good people, then what happens to the bad people?" she said. "How's that for opening up and letting people in?"

"Makenna, you're not a bad person," I said softly.

"You don't know me Kaden. I'm not a good person. I've done a lot of fucked up shit that I'm not proud of," she said.

"I don't give a fuck Mak," I said.

"Just leave Kaden," she said, looking away from me.

"No," I said in a hoarse voice.