28

MAKENNA

Now that it was summer, time flew by. Kade had already fought and won his last fight, leaving the last one for tonight. It was the deal breaker. I wasn't sure what I was gonna do, all I knew was that I sure as hell didn't want to be apart of Ray's group. I knew backing out wasn't an option and I knew he was expecting Kade to win. God only knows what will happen if he doesn't.

"Tonight's the night," Kade said excitedly.

I'm starting to think he enjoys fighting more than I do now. He wanted nothing more than to win this tournament. While he was excited, I was pacing back and forth.

"Relax Mak, I got this," he said, pulling me against him.

I hugged him tightly, kissing his neck. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to run away just the two of us and never looked back, no matter how cheesy it sounded.

"We have to leave," I said, pulling away.

He nodded, making his way out the door and towards his car. The drive there was a quiet one, my nerves taking over.

"I'm gonna win this Mak," he said confidently.

"Just be careful," I replied.

I couldn't help but feel like something very bad was gonna happen. My heart struggled to thud, weighting heavy in my chest. My stomach was churning at a speed to make butter. I just want this night to be over, so this can all be behind us.

When we arrived, Kade set his stuff down in the back room, while I waited outside.

"Hello Makenna," a voice said, causing my blood to run cold. Chills raked through my body, pricking all over.

I turned around, facing him. He still looked the exact same. Dark hair, light stubble around his mouth and jaw. It was like I was staring at a picture of the same person from over a year ago.

"Derek," I said, hate radiated from my voice.

Kade must have heard me say his name. Instantly, he was by my side, pulling me behind him slightly.

"That's really cute Kenz, you have a little bitch," he said chuckling.

"I swear to fucking God, I will end you," Kade said.

Derek laughed. "You don't know, do you?" he asked.

Kade glared at him, but didn't reply.

"You're fighting me. I'm the last obstacle," he said, glancing my way.

Panic filled me as I realized what he meant. He knew. He knew about the deal, the agreement.

"What are you talking about?" Kade said angrily.

"Kade," I said, pulling his arm. I needed to get him away.

"She really doesn't tell you anything, now does she?" he said laughing.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" he yelled.

"You know Kenz, you were always my favorite fuck," he said looking at me.

Kade walked forward, but I pulled him back. Not yet.

"Maybe I can finally have my way with you again," he said smirking.

"Over my dead body," Kade said, standing in front of me.

"You don't see it do you? She's playing you man. You fell right into her trap and you haven't even noticed. She doesn't care about you. She's only here with you because of a deal," Derek said.

Kade shook with anger. "What the fuck are you talking about?" he seethed.

"The only reason you're here, the only reason she's been with you all of this time was because she made a deal with Ray. If you win this, she gets into the group, where she can fight," he said chuckling. "I'll be getting ready, enjoy."

Kade turned to me, anger in his eyes.

"Is it true?" he asked.

"Kade, just let me explain," I said.

"Shut the fuck up. Is it true?" he said calmly. I wasn't relived that he was calm, I was mortified because I knew just how angry he was. "Is it fucking true?" he yelled.

"Yes," I said quietly.

"Un-fucking-believable," he said, running his hand through his hair.

"Just let me explain Kade," I begged.

"Fuck you. I can't believe it. Was it all a lie? Fuck, was the coffee thing even an accident?" he yelled.

"No, but that's because I never expected to have feelings for you," I cried out.

"Shut up, just shut the fuck up," he said.

"Kade please," I said.

"Stop fucking calling me that," he shouted.

"My feelings for you are real Kaden," I yelled back.

"I can't believe this," he said shaking his head.

A bell rang, telling us that it was time for the fight.

He began walking away, but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't fight. I don't care about any of it," I pleaded.

"I'm not doing this for you or your fucking club. I'm doing this because that fucker deserves this. He hurt you and raped you and he deserves to be punished, but don't think for one fucking second that we are okay," he replied, yanking his arm away.

"Alright, listen up. We've got a really good fucking fight for you all tonight, so make sure you place your bets," Ray shouted. "Please welcome, Derek 'Deadbeat' Jones," he yelled.

The crowd screamed and cheered, excitement pulsing through the place. Derek walked into the ring, a cocky look on his face.

"And now, the guy you've all been waiting for, Kaden 'The Golden Boy' Walsh."

The crowd erupted in even more cheers. They were all clearly there to see him.

Before I knew it, the fight was off. They circled around the ring, not once taking their eyes of the other. They were both around the same size, the most even matched of all of Kade's fights. Derek took the first move, but Kade quickly blocked it, shooting back his own, hitting Derek in the jaw.

Derek seemed rusty, as if he hadn't trained for this at all. Typical for him to think he didn't need it.

They continued the same, back and forth until Kade got a good hit, sending Derek down. Kade was on top of him in a second, endlessly throwing punches. Blood splattered everywhere, all over Kade's knuckles and Derek's face.

The bell sounded, but Kaden continued. He didn't stop until people had to drag him off. Kaden looked at me, his eyes so cold, so full of hate and smiled.

"I hope you enjoy your admission, Makenna. I can't believe this, I knew you were too good to be true. Don't talk to me again, I don't want you in my life. I hate you, Makenna. I hate you so fucking much," he said, then stormed away.

He hadn't called me Makenna in forever. He only did it when he was mad, much like he had now. He knew it would hurt me and fuck it really did. To top it off, he told me he hated me. I chased after him, but lost him to the crowd.

I called Danny and waited for him to come and pick me up. I sat on the curb, waiting for my best friend.

"Kenz, get it," he said.

I looked up and walked towards him, getting into his car.

"What happened?" he asked concerned.

"I fucked up," I said. I couldn't hold it in any longer, so I broke down.

"It's okay. Whatever it is, you'll get through it," he said, holding me in his arms.

"I don't think I will," I replied.