21

MAKENNA

"I don't know man, I'll have to ask. Because I promised we'd do something today," a voice said.

I turned over, resting my head on Kade's chest, then reaching my hand up and finding his mouth. I covered his mouth, forcing him to stop talking. I didn't know what time it was, but I'm sure it was too early.

"I gotta go," he said through my hand.

I pulled my hand away, placing it on his bare chest, running my fingers up and down his toned muscles.

"Good morning," he said chuckling.

"How early is it?" I asked.

"Early enough that if I tell you, you'll hit me for waking you up," he replied laughing.

"Oh God, please tell me it's after five," I groaned.

"It's 7:50," he replied with a laugh.

"Go back to bed, it's way too early," I replied, getting comfortable on his chest.

"It's almost eight Mak," he replied.

"If it's not the afternoon, it's too early," I said.

"You're crazy," he said laughing.

"Yep, but you love me," I said.

"This is true, this is true," he replied, kissing my forehead lightly.

~*~

I was so scared, I could see that it was going to happen again. He told me he wouldn't, that it would never happen again. Then again, he told me he'd never hit me again.

He kissed down my neck, pulling at my pants. I pushed at him, telling him to stop.

"Stop," I yelled.

"Just stop fighting me baby," he said. He pushed me against the mirror. I knew what was happening, it was all playing over in my head.

"No," I replied, as if it was a script.

"Stop fucking fighting me," he yelled. His fist connected with the mirror, sending glass flying everywhere, nicking my back.

He then kicked at the back of my knee, sending me down on top of the broken glass.

"Let me love you," he said desperately.

He removed my pants, then quickly his. I tried so hard to fight him, just like the first time, but I couldn't. He was too strong and at this point, I was too weak. He slammed into me hard, sending pain rippling through my body.

Not only was he taking me against my will, he was doing it on top of broken glass. I screamed and kicked, trying to get him to stop.

"Mak!" a voice said urgently. "Mak," it said again.

I opened my eyes and saw Kade's concerned face above mine. He carefully touched my cheek comfortingly, then kissed me lightly. He pushed the hairs, that were sticking to my face from sweat away gently.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"No," I replied, turning away. I hated this feeling. I hated that he pitied me.

"Was it about him?" he asked.

I nodded in response, unable to say it.

"Let's do something fun today, get your mind off thing," he said.

I looked at him curiously. I had expected to question me further, not change the subject.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.