2

MAKENNA

I knew that it wasn't going to be easy finding a way to get Kaden to agree to fight for me. In fact, I had no idea how I was going to do it. I hadn't even talked to the guy, for all I know he could be a complete asshole.

All I knew about him was that he was the quarterback of our school's football team. He had a clean record, and no one ever talked badly about him, which only made me worry. What if he doesn't agree? I obviously couldn't just ask him.

I sat at home thinking about what to do. I guess I could research a bit. I opened my laptop and went into Facebook. I knew it was a stretch, most kids didn't have Facebook anymore, but you never know. I typed 'Kaden Walsh' in the search bar and clicked go.

I had clicked on three other Kaden Walsh profiles before I had found him. Attends Pine View High school. Lives in Pine View, California. From Los Angeles, California. I browsed his page finding out he has one little sister who's a freshman at Pine View.

I smirked, that's perfect. He seems like the overprotective type to me.

I got up and walked out of my room, making my way towards the gym. I had to see someone.

When I arrived, I found him in the ring, sparring with another guy. I walked to the side and watched as he blocked hits and landed a few of his. He was an okay fighter I guess, but he wasn't me.

"Max," I said with determination.

He finished his fight and stepped out of the ring.

"Kenz, sup," he said smirking.

"I need a favor," I said.

"And what would that be?" he said licking his lips.

"Nothing sexual, down boy," I replied.

"Then what is it?" he asked.

"I need you to cause some trouble for me," I replied bored.

His eyes lit up. "I'm listening."

"What do you know about Claire Walsh?" I asked.

"She's a freshman, her brother is like super protective," he replied.

"Perfect," I said under my breath. "I need you to date her," I said looking up at him.

"Date her? Why?" he asked.

"That's for me to know and you to not," I replied.

"I just don't understand why. What do you want from Kaden?" he said in an accusing tone.

"Enough with the questions, are you in or what?"

"You know I'd never turn down a chance to cause trouble," he replied.

"Good boy," I said patting his shaggy hair.

"I feel bad for whatever you have planned for Kaden," he said chuckling.

I shook my head and waved my hand at him. "It's nothing really."

"Okay well good luck with whatever 'nothing' is. I have to find myself a girl," he replied.

ONE WEEK LATER

My plan was set in motion. Now I just had to think of a way to get to know Kaden. Find a way to get him to agree. I knew that Max dating Claire would cause some problems, but I don't want him to get hurt too badly by Max. I know they'll end up fighting sooner rather than later, I just hope Max doesn't kill the kid.

I had decided the best way to approach him was to make it look like an accident. Therefore, I had a cup of hot coffee in my hand as I walked into school. Yes, hot coffee, it had to look real. It's a bit bold and I might make a fool out of myself, but I don't really care. It's all for a worthy cause.