29

MAKENNA

It had been two weeks since the fight. If Kade and I were still together, we would almost be at five months. It's amazing how time flies. I can't believe the deal was made almost six months ago. It feels like just yesterday that I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

I sat in the car, in front of Kade's house. I had actually driven, alone. I had already done it three times this week, but I was too scared to get out of the car. I sat, parked outside of Kaden's house, waiting for myself to get the courage to get out of the car and knock on the door.

I knew he was home, his car sat in the driveway. I turned off the car and removed the keys, getting out. I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans and slowly made my way to the porch. I was shaking.

I rang the doorbell and waited. It was painful just waiting there.

The door opened and Cam stood in front of me.

"Is Kaden home?" I asked in a small voice.

"You know the answer to that, his car is in the driveway," Cam said.

"Can I see him?" I asked quietly.

"He doesn't want to see you," Cam said. He avoided making eye contact with me, looking at the sky.

"Can you do me a favor then?" I asked.

Cam looked at me and gave me a slight nod.

"Tell him that I love him, and that I'm sorry for not telling him sooner. Tell him I'm so sorry that I broke his heart. Hell, I don't care what you tell him. Just please tell him I love him," I said, quickly turning away.

I got into my car, speeding away. Tears flooded my vision. I couldn't take it anymore.

KADEN

"She's here again," I said to Cam.

"Are you going to talk to her?" he asked.

"I can't," I replied. "If she finally gets the courage to knock, can you talk to her?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said nodding.

He didn't know why we broke up, he didn't care. He knew that she had done something wrong and that was it.

The doorbell rang and my heart rate sped.

Cam walked to the door, opening it slowly.

"Is Kaden home?" her voice said quietly. She sounded so broken, so hurt. It only angered me because she didn't deserve to feel that way, I did, but all I felt was guilt.

"You know the answer to that, his car is in the driveway," Cam said.

"Can I see him?" she said, her voice so quiet I could hardly her.

"He doesn't want to see you," Cam said.

"Can you do me a favor then?" she asked. "Tell him that I love him, and that I'm sorry for not telling him sooner. Tell him I'm so sorry that I broke his heart. Hell, I don't care what you tell him. Just please tell him I love him," she said.

My heart dropped. I could hear it beating desperately in my ears, trying to keep up with me. It was struggling though, it had been so badly injured.

"Did you get all that?" Cam asked.

I nodded, unable to muster a reply.

"I'm not sure what she did man, but you seem really broken up about it and so does she. You guys love each other, so work it out," he said, shaking his head disapprovingly.