VII

The more mutha fuckas switch up the harder Imma go.
-Joey Fatts

• Pushaman? Pushaboy? •

2013.

Joey.
Long Beach, CA.

As Marcel pumped his car with gas I got out of the passenger side. I rested my arms on the top of his car saying, "Aye yo!" When I got his attention I said, "I'm finna run in there real quick. You want anything?" I asked.

"Just get me a Sprite and some gummy worms." I should've known that because that's all he ever wants out of the gas station.

As I walked towards the gas station I looked to see a girl get out of a car. From the back she was bad. Definitely fit the criteria for my type. "Deja!" I heard somebody yell from the backseat of the car she just got out of. When she turned slightly to acknowledge the person and I saw it was my ex, Deja my mouth slightly dropped.

I didn't know whether to be pissed the fuck off thinking about what led to our break up or begin to mentally fuck her

I didn't know whether to be pissed the fuck off thinking about what led to our break up or begin to mentally fuck her. She looked good as hell.

When I saw her go into the gas station I brought myself back to reality walking in too. I walked down the last aisle making my way to the beverages. I grabbed Marcel's Sprite than a watermelon Arizona for myself. As I closed the door to the drink fridge I saw Deja walk down the aisle. Not noticing me she scanned the variety of drinks.

When she got closer to me she looked at the drinks right in front of me then said, "Scuse me." She finally looked up at me and you could see the shock in her eyes. I could tell she tried to bring it back casually saying, "Joey?"

"Yup, me in the flesh." I said slightly smiling.

She smiled too pushing her bang out of her face saying, "I'm glad to see you're still alive."