XLIX

Vince is family; he showed me that all this shit was possible.
-Joey Fatts

• Can't Take Us Down •

2017

Dyme
Laguna Beach, CA.

"You are ready to pop," my friend, Trent says while doing my makeup

"You are ready to pop," my friend, Trent says while doing my makeup. I was getting my makeup done for my maternity shoot. I was literally counting down the days and weeks until it's time for me to give birth. I'm tired of being pregnant. "When is the baby shower?" He asks while putting lipstick on me.

"Next week. It was supposed to be a joint thing with Matika, but I don't know anymore. She's dealing with Marcel getting arrested. He's still in jail."

"I heard about that. What did he get arrested for?"

"Failure to appear in court, but they won't post his bail."

"Hm, that's weird. Sounds like some fishy pussy shit is going on." I chuckle at the phrase he used as he moves on to highlighting my face. "I'm sure he'll get out before the baby shower."

"Let's just hope. Can't have him locked up for the baby shower or the birth. That would be too much. I've been through it alone and I wouldn't wish that on anyone."

"I hear you. But you're strong, so you did it. Since you keep popping babies out, I can just live through you. You have the community babies for the people who aren't ready. I come hang out with them then leave back to my peaceful home," he says making me laugh.

"I'm not having anymore kids for awhile," I say shaking my head.

"Didn't you say that when you were pregnant with Jodie? Oh, okay. We'll see."

"I'm serious. If Joey even mentions pregnancy or a baby to me or around me, he might get punched off GP."

Trent laughs saying, "Girl, whatever. All he has to do is fuck you silly to the point you're not paying attention then not pull out."