LI

The Cutthroat shit was already the vision of my hood. That's where me and Vince from. So we just made an entertainment side.
-Joey Fatts

• Locked & Loaded •

• Locked & Loaded •

Marcel
Long Beach, CA.

They walk me into the visiting area where I see Joey sitting and waiting on me

They walk me into the visiting area where I see Joey sitting and waiting on me. I sit across from him dapping him with my right hand. Honestly the only thing getting me through this bullshit was my visits, but even that wasn't enough because I only get one a week. "You good?" He asks. I could hear the concern in his voice and even on his face.

"I'm straight. How bout you?" I ask back.

"I'm good. Tryna stay sane and free cause these pigs tryna find anything to take my down. They can't find anything, so now they're pulling shit out of their ass."

"I heard you got arrested awhile ago. What happened with that?"

"Nothing pretty much. I got arrested in Texas, posted my bail then had a court date a month later. All they did was fine me. No jail time, probation or even community service. They tried though."

"You know they're gonna try every way they can to take you down, but you can't let them. Keep doing you and keep doing the right thing. If you never do wrong, what can they do?"

"Lie!" He says. I nod my head because that is true. "I'm just tryna provide for my family, that's all. I moved my Mom out of Long Beach, I have my brother in Texas at college that depends on me, I have two kids and one's a newborn and a fiancée. They need to cut the bullshit because I can't afford to be taken away from them."

"I heard that. You know I know what you mean. How's fatherhood treating you?" I ask as we both smile.

"Man, that shit is cool. Everyday is something new. That little boy, Stevie is a G. Jodie is getting bigger and bigger each day, it's crazy. I went to go see Matika and your Momma the other day. Marina is almost as big as Jodie now. And the new baby, Riva, she kinda look like you. I don't know if that's a good thing though," he says chuckling.