IX

All that fake friend shit you can save it.
-Joey Fatts

• Tryna Get It •

• Tryna Get It •

2014 (A Year Later)

Joey.
Long Beach, CA.

I grab the heavy box lifting it up then stacking it on top of the other one

I grab the heavy box lifting it up then stacking it on top of the other one. After moving it I pull my gloves off of each hand walking towards the break room for my 30 minute break. I now work in the back at Forever 21 doing inventory and moving boxes. Although, I still sell a little weed every now and again, I quit the street shit to go full on with this music like Marcel said.

I used the majority of the money I made from illegal activities to start my own label, Cutthroat labels. To turn what was once something they called us in the streets into something bigger was a big step. Things were still hard though. Even though I've produced for some big names that doesn't mean it's enough. I'm still struggling because selling beats isn't easy. A lot of my money comes from booking shows, but that's hard to do too because I take care of my brother since my Mom went to rehab.

I was happy she took the step and initiative to get clean, but that left me to take care of a 15 year old by myself. A bad ass 15 year old at that. Constantly getting into fights and in trouble at school or the law. People can say what they want about me, but I wasn't that bad at that age. At least I didn't get caught. All I cared about was football, getting girls and hanging with my niggas. That street shit was out of boredom then when I got older it was for survival.

Before I could even sit down my boss was calling my name. I sighed inwardly walking up to him saying, "Yes?"

"Let me talk to you," he said motioning for me to follow him so I did.

"Wassup?" I asked once we got to his office.

"So, for some odd reason I'm just now finding out you have a record. I guess they didn't do a thorough background check. That's our fault, so I'm sorry to say we have to let you go. We should have never hired you in the first place. Clean out your locker and you'll get your last check on Saturday," he said giving my shoulder a passive aggressive squeeze. He was always doing that shit and I hate it.