XVI

Always remember the sun gone shine when the rain done.
-Joey Fatts

• Different Day, Same Shit •

Different Day, Same Shit •

Early 2015

Dyamond.
Los Angeles, CA.

I walked out of the bedroom in the lingerie set to see my friend had the cameras ready and set up. My book with Fresh is finally done and ready to be published. It would be out in a week and I am excited to say the least. "You ready?" My photographer friend asked as I footed across the wooden floors of Fresh's loft.

I looked up from my phone saying, "Yeah." I looked over at Fresh sitting in a chair to see him staring at me. I simply smiled as he did too making my way to the bed. On the inside my stomach fluttered with butterflies under his stare, but I was a little mad at him. He literally gave me head and that was it. I hate when people don't finish what they start. I could tell he did it on purpose though.

It's been two weeks since I've been here. Shameik has been trying to contact me and I've been ignoring him with encouragement from Fresh, but it's hard. Especially the amount of times he calls. Some days I just wanted to answer the phone to see. Regardless I still loved Shameik. To just not talk to him and somewhat up and leave him didn't sit right with me. He's the reason I was able to quit my job and even do this. I feel like I at least owe him an explanation. Something...

After doing the photo shoot the photographer got all of his stuff then left. I looked across the room looking at Fresh at he was occupied on his phone. "You know who you want to invite to the book signing?" He asked.

I immediately shrugged my shoulders saying, "I don't know. You know I don't have friends." It's the truth. I had Star and Trent, but they're back in Oakland. I talk to Marcel again, but I don't know if he would actually come. He's busy being a super star and working on his album. I haven't talked to Joey in years even though the whole time I've been in L.A. I've been tempted to hit him up. I heard he stays in L.A. a lot, but I still haven't done it. I don't even know if he has the same number anymore.

"Nobody you have in mind?" He asked as I laid on my stomach across the bed.

"Nope," I said popping the p as I rolled over onto my back hanging my head off of the edge of the bed. I was still in the lingerie from the photo shoot and I really didn't plan on changing. I was comfortable. If I had it my way I would walk around naked 24/7. Who really needs clothes?

Due to the his loft being one big room with an open layout there are no walls to separate his bedroom from the rest of the rooms. I looked over at Fresh as he was still too engrossed in his phone..

 I looked over at Fresh as he was still too engrossed in his phone