XXIV

You ain't gotta have one dollar to your name shorty. If you hold me down you can have it all.
-Joey Fatts

Baby

2015

Deja.
Los Angeles, CA.

After getting home from work I went straight to the kitchen to find something to eat

After getting home from work I went straight to the kitchen to find something to eat. I looked in the freezer grabbing what I wanted then putting it on the counter. As I take it out of the box, I look around the empty and quiet house. I've been here almost a month and I'm always by myself. I don't even know why he asked me to move in with him. At this point I'm ready to pack my shit and leave. This isn't what I had in mind.

I put my food into the microwave and when it's done I go upstairs to the bedroom. I turn the tv on then climb under the covers getting comfortable.

After eating I lay in the bed on my phone. What started off as me going through my gallery to post a picture to Instagram turned into a reminiscing session. I was now looking at old pictures and videos of Joey and I. I missed him so much and I knew I made a mistake when I wrote that note and left.

I watched one video in particular laughing to myself. He was so high, but what he was saying made me even sadder...

When he said when we have a baby, little would he know he was speaking it into existence. I had been hiding it for a week now only because I didn't want to lose my internship. It was becoming hard though because of my growing belly. I had no idea what I was going to do and I still don't.

When I heard a door shut I quickly exited out of the video then got out of the bed. I walked out of the bedroom out to the hallway then looked over the stair rails to see Justin coming into the house. I rolled my eyes as he came up the stairs.