XXXIX

Hold me down, shorty. I promise we gone forever be straight. It's your world, I'm just working to keep you happy, baby.
-Joey Fatts

• Dyme piece & a Biscuit •

Dyme piece & a Biscuit

2016

Dyme
Anaheim, CA.

"Where the hell is Marcel 'n them?" Joey asks from the drivers seat as we sit in the parking lot of Disneyland

"What kind of question is that? You left the man in the dust on the highway as if he wasn't following you," I say rolling my eyes. Ever since that incident with Joey when he was on tour I haven't been speaking to him. I've been focusing on my writing and Jodie because I don't have time for the bullshit. Not with a relationship that I had to build the upmost courage to get in in the first place.

Marcel invited us all to Disneyland for the day. And by all, I mean all. It would be me, Joey, his brother, Kaine, his sister, Kamaya, Matika, Marcel's friend, Tyler and all the kids of the family including they're new baby, Marina. "You did leave him," Kaine says stretching before opening the backseat door and getting out.

"Whatever, he should've kept up. I'm gonna get Jodie's stroller," Joey says getting out of the car. A couple of minutes later he's opening the backseat door on the opposite side of me. "Hey, JoJo," he says in his baby talk voice making her smile. He leans in kissing her as I just look out of the window.

I finally see Marcel's car pull into the parking space next to us. I watch as they all get out of his car and when Marcel comes up to my window I roll it down. "Why yo ugly ass leave us? Fat ass heavy foot speeding like you don't have any sense," he says to Joey.

"You aiight, my nigga. You got here, right? Y'all ready?" Joey asks.

"Yeah. Even though she ain't yours, she kinda look like yo ass," Marcel says looking at Jodie then at Joey as I do the same.